Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Barnes: Magic 'Paying for it now'

(Matt) Barnes now has history with more than a third of the NBA's 30 teams. He's never spent more than two seasons with any organization.

"Orlando didn't offer me a dollar," he said of the Orlando Magic, the team he played for last season.

"But they're paying for it now. When they played [the] Heat, I saw them get blown out because they couldn't handle the wings. I feel for the guys on the team but it's definitely a business."

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20101115#STORY_29413#ixzz15NBWY7D9

I'm not sure who Matt would cover. He isn't quick enough to guard Wade and not strong enough to guard Lebron.

There is a reason why he has played for 1/3 of the league... because he is not important enough that a team wants to keep him. Wait till the magic come out of this bad spel and are in form.. Q-rich is harder, smarter, stronger and more of a team player than barnes.

Good to see that he is still loud mouthed.. I think he is speaking to soon though... Ps. anyone else see him get killed by melo the other day?

• Upvote 2

There is a reason why he has played for 1/3 of the league... because he is not important enough that a team wants to keep him. Wait till the magic come out of this bad spel and are in form.. Q-rich is harder, smarter, stronger and more of a team player than barnes.

Good to see that he is still loud mouthed.. I think he is speaking to soon though... Ps. anyone else see him get killed by melo the other day?

You're playing the result. Barnes gave us a toughness that we are lacking this year. Don't hate because he's not here anymore. I support Q too, but we don't lose to Toronto at home last year. (I say this without looking at who we DID lose to at home last year).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

There is one thing I don't understand

He says the magic didn't offer him anything but didn't they offer and sign him to a two year deal?

This is Matt "no one loves me enough for a multi year deal" barnes and the magic gave him what no other team would

This city embraced him like no other and now he comes out with this crap acting like he didn't opt out of his second year

Matt barnes will still kill you but now it's from his constant *****ing

When the lakers come to town and Matt comes into the game the magic should play the chorus to portishead's sour times over and over

I've been saying since Otis let him go...it was a mistake....we got "Q" because he can shoot better....if he can he hasn't shown it yet...."Q" is like in the bottom ten of SG's in the league....what's worse is my co-worker who is a Laker fan thanks me everyday that Otis didn't re-sign him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

I've been saying since Otis let him go...it was a mistake....we got "Q" because he can shoot better....if he can he hasn't shown it yet...."Q" is like in the bottom ten of SG's in the league....what's worse is my co-worker who is a Laker fan thanks me everyday that Otis didn't re-sign him.

You do realize, of course, that Barnes opted out of his contract. Barnes wanted his payday, he wanted a big multi year deal. Otis couldn't sit around and just wait to see how it panned out, that would have been foolish on his part. As for Barnes, well, his "big payday" ammounts to making about the same with the Lakers that he would have made here with the Magic. Not sure how you place that blame squarely on Otis' shoulders.

• Upvote 1