Sign in to follow this  
gporter

What will happen first?

What will happen first?   

37 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen first in the world of the Orlando Magic front office?

• Vince Carter will get traded.
    • Stan Van Gundy will get fired.
    • Who cares? Magic will never win anything, ever.
    • I hate you. Why did you make this thread?

I dont understand how Otis would put us in a situation of bad contracts .....2010 had a bunch of big free agents , 2011 has Melo , 2012/13 has Paul and Deron.

I dont understand how Otis would put us in a situation of bad contracts .....2010 had a bunch of big free agents , 2011 has Melo , 2012/13 has Paul and Deron.

Funny that you mention the "Father of Creative Financing".... Here's what ShamSports had to say about our GM, Otis Smith...

8) Something from Orlando

- Orlando has a $92 million payroll because the father of creative financing, Otis Smith, can't creative finance to save his life. The Magic's ownership just keep cutting him bigger and bigger checks, letting him sign and retain whoever he wants and whatever the cost is. It's kind of ludicrous, yet such generosity has allowed the Magic to assemble a competitive team, more with financial muscle than craft. (If you're a Magic fan who doesn't thank ownership every day for this, there's something wrong with you. Organisations win championships.) However, is there a limit to this spending? By matching Chicago's offer sheet to J.J. Redick, Orlando will be CTCing for $15 million this year just on Redick, after the luxury tax and signing bonus are taken into account; all that for a backup shooting guard. Was that the final straw?

If it wasn't, perhaps it should have been.

http://blog.shamsports.com/2010/08/creative-financing-in-nba-2010_12.html

• Upvote 1

Two losses definitely merit a head coach firing...oh wait, I almost forgot we're 7 games into the season and not in the playoffs.

So another repeat..of what happened last year?

I'm sorry to say but either SVG nor VC is our weakest link atm..but who do you think would do better than svg?

I dont think there is anything wrong with the system, Magic hasn't really changed since the finals couple years back but last year against Boston the executing wasn't working and now at the start of the season its not working either. You cant blame the coach if the players are not making baskets from open spots.

Vince is certainly among our weaker links.

• Downvote 1

Vince is certainly among our weaker links.

He, Jameer, and Dwight our the only players performing on offense. I fail to see how 50% from the field and 43% from three is a weak link.

• Upvote 1

Stan won't never be fired. You can tell by his facial expression that his players aren't giving it their all. In the preseason and on earlier blowouts, he thought there was no problem and I saw no problem either. Last night in the press conference, he refused to admit that his players weren't giving enough effort which I thought was obvious. I think if he admitted to them not giving more effort, there would be some locker room problems.