Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Nelson Out Tonight, Duhon to Start

The Orlando Magic will have to find a way to win tonight's game against the Charlotte Bobcats without their starting point guard.

Jameer Nelson, who sprained his left ankle with 1:55 left in Friday's win over the Nets, will have to sit out tonight's contest.

Chris Duhon will get the start in place of Nelson, who averaged 23.8 points per game, while shooting 48 percent from the floor and 43 percent from beyond the arc in the Magic's 2010 playoff series victory over the Bobcats.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/savage_nelson_out_duhon_start_110610.html

Hopefully it's a lower ankle sprain and he can come back soon.

I'm not worried about tonight though. Duhon is big bodied and can take DJ in the post. Chris's defense hasn't really impressed me all that much and IDK how he'll match up against the faster PG. If he goes all out, we'll be okay though, I'm not seeing a DJ Augustine takeover in the near future. I have no worries about J Will, he'll contribute and do his job...it isn't like he'll be the 2nd stringer for more than a few games (at most). Redick and VC both practiced at 3rd string PG during training camp, so they could be options to handle the rock if need be.

The ultimate evaluation for the team tonight is how we'll play w/o Jameer because we all know he's a tad injury prone. If he happens to suffer a more significant injury during the season, we'll have a good idea of how the team will perform. If we suck without him, we know we could reach for the well and grab a 4th PG to cover our asses.