Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official talk about that team in Miami Thread

Mike Miller is extremely overrated on this board because he used to play here, and he went to Florida. He's not that great of a player and wouldn't have made any difference tonight.

That's like saying Howard (59.9%) is a better FT free throw shooter than Okafor (59.1%) because Howard goes to the line more often.

Jones and Miller shot a very high percentage and I wouldn't leave any of the 2 open.

Yeah he's definitely the better FT shooter.

A couple of things I noticed-

They are playing a scrambling type defense, where guys are free lancing across the floor. Teams that move the ball well and shoot the 3 well should be able to take advantage of that, especially since their post D isn't so hot.

I don't think you can tell anything about their offense from this game, I doubt they are going to look that bad again however, they were shooting a lot of jumpers. I would rather see that then let them go to the rim.

If you could combine House and Carlos you would have the pg you need on that team, I thought it was crazy that they used both of them and not Chalmers. Boston layed off Carlos and House couldn't do anything with the ball, he's a fantastic spot up shooter but I wouldn't give him a lot of mins at point. They would be better off just running Lebron at the point when House is on the floor.

Mike Miller is extremely overrated on this board because he used to play here, and he went to Florida. He's not that great of a player and wouldn't have made any difference tonight.

That's exactly my point. He would have taken Jones' shots and would have made the same percentage.

Jones is a 39.5 career 3 point shooter while Miller is a 40.5. Not much of a difference. Some may say that Miller is more clutch that Jones and I wouldn't disagree, but Miller IMO is kinda overrated.

A white shooter is always scarier than a black shooter, except for Ray Allen or Reggie Miller and few others. You know, it's always a race thing.

A white shooter is always scarier than a black shooter, except for Ray Allen or Reggie Miller and few others. You know, it's always a race thing.

Are you saying BMP is a racist?

That's exactly my point. He would have taken Jones' shots and would have made the same percentage.

Not really, I don't even care for Mike Miller. But one thing for certain is that he's the better shooter. Think about it this way, the most 3pters James Jones has ever shot in his career was 12, and the most made was 6. He averages about three 3pt shot attempts per game in his career. Mike Miller, on the other hand, has made 9 three pointers in 2 games and averages 4.5 a game. His last two healthy seasons he actually averaged 7.1 and 5.1 three point attempts a game and shot them at a very good percentage. The closest Jones even got to was 3.5.

Mike Miller is the better 3pt shooter, especially if you're talking about 3pt shots in bunches. Jones went 2-7 from 3 last night (not good at all) and has shot 7 or more 3pt pointers four times in the last two years.

Volume plays a huge role here d00d