Sign in to follow this  
Sabian Jackson

Other teams

So with the season literally days away, I've been wondering who else I'm looking forward to watching/supporting. Who are you going to be supporting around the league when the Magic aren't playing? (Almost a popularity contest regarding the rest of the league)

My choices will have to be the bulls or thunder.

So with the season literally days away, I've been wondering who else I'm looking forward to watching/supporting. Who are you going to be supporting around the league when the Magic aren't playing? (Almost a popularity contest regarding the rest of the league)

My choices will have to be the bulls or thunder.

I don't think I can honestly cheer for anyone in the East unless I know they can be decimated by the Magic in the playoffs. I think I will have slight hope for Cleveland, New Jersey and Toronto out of pity, but honestly, there isn't an East team I will be happy with winning outside of the Magic. I'll probably be cheering for seeds like last year. I want the best road to the finals, and I won't know who to root for until I see them play and know where the Magic will land in the final East spots. I would probably like Atlanta to be the second round face-off again. And like it has been stated by others, I would like Cleveland to land opposite Miami in the final standings for the first round.

On the West Coast, I would probably say that I like the Thunder and Mavs overall. I'd rather see anybody but the Lakers in the West finals next year. I want the Suns to do well, because I really like Nash, but the rest of the team sucks.

The Basketball Gods will probably strike me down for saying this, but I am actually looking forward to seeing the Clippers. Some of Blake Griffin's highlights from this preseason are absolutely unreal and the guy plays with 0 regard for his body. Of course, this means he will probably get injured (especially with the Clipper curse) but if he doesn't I see them as a fringe playoff team out west.

Griffin and Kaman make up a solid frontcourt, especially when it comes rebounding on both ends of the floor. I think Eric Gordon is going to continue improving and pick up where he left off in FIBA and I think Foye will be good for them, but it all really boils down to if Baron Davis gives a ****. If he comes to play for the majority of the season, I think they slip into the 8th spot.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that they have the Cookie Monster. Championship.

I don't think I can honestly cheer for anyone in the East unless I know they can be decimated by the Magic in the playoffs. I think I will have slight hope for Cleveland, New Jersey and Toronto out of pity, but honestly, there isn't an East team I will be happy with winning outside of the Magic. I'll probably be cheering for seeds like last year. I want the best road to the finals, and I won't know who to root for until I see them play and know where the Magic will land in the final East spots. I would probably like Atlanta to be the second round face-off again. And like it has been stated by others, I would like Cleveland to land opposite Miami in the final standings for the first round.

On the West Coast, I would probably say that I like the Thunder and Mavs overall. I'd rather see anybody but the Lakers in the West finals next year. I want the Suns to do well, because I really like Nash, but the rest of the team sucks.

I lol'd at the bold.

Eh, I'm a fickle person, but I'll honestly be cheering for the Heat now just because Jerry Stackhouse plays for them. Even if I have doubts, if they succeed, so does he. He's from my hometown and it would be special if he got a ring on a team like that.

Derrick Rose is one of my favorite players; would be cool to see the Bulls do well.

• Downvote 5

Eh, I'm a fickle person, but I'll honestly be cheering for the Heat now just because Jerry Stackhouse plays for them. Even if I have doubts, if they succeed, so does he. He's from my hometown and it would be special if he got a ring on a team like that.

Derrick Rose is one of my favorite players; would be cool to see the Bulls do well.

Put your flamesuit on... Like, NOW. Your reasoning won't matter. Just cheering for the Heat is like a huge alarm bell here :shard:

Not sure I could ever cheer for a team with lebron on it even if all my favourite players were on it as well. I just despise that man.

• Upvote 1

Put your flamesuit on... Like, NOW. Your reasoning won't matter. Just cheering for the Heat is like a huge alarm bell here :shard:

Nothing new here. Last year all he talked about was how the bobcats were going to beat the Magic. He also song so much love for the Bostons it was sickening. I did not expect anything different.

What are you talking about? I simply said Boston would beat us and predicted them to beat the Cavs. That's not "loving" Boston that's just simply not having confidence in Magic.

The Bobcats were a hometeam thing before the playoffs, but I was simply worried about their defense... plus I wanted them to get an 8th seed.

Being worried of the opposing team isn't the same as cheering for them.

That says more about your homerism than mine.

• Downvote 2

What are you talking about? I simply said Boston would beat us and predicted them to beat the Cavs. That's not "loving" Boston that's just simply not having confidence in Magic.

The Bobcats were a hometeam thing before the playoffs, but I was simply worried about their defense... plus I wanted them to get an 8th seed.

Being worried of the opposing team isn't the same as cheering for them.

That says more about your homerism than mine.

You are 100% correct, I love the Magic and believe in them all the way. In my heart, I know why the Magic lost to the Celtics. I also know that the Magic can defeat the Bostons in a 7 game series. I am not at all worried about the Magicmen. I am more worried about Stern and the refs to be honest. There is nothing wrong with being a Bostons fan, but please do not say that you are not. I remember very well how you always praised the Bostons, and how much better you felt the Bostons were to the Magicmen. Now, it appears you will do the same thing this year, except it will be the heat.

At the very least, don't call me a Boston fan when you know I'm not. I watch ALL basketball; I simply prefer the Magic the most. I am always to put bias aside 90% of the time, so I'm not going to think the magic are completely invincible. I'm going to state what I think and if you want to interpret that as 'praise' then that's fine by me; at least you admit that you're being retarded.

I'll be 100% for the Magic in regard to teams. But I like some under the radar guys like Hakeem Warrick, Serge Ibaka or Rodrigue Beaubois.

This is our year, believe me.