Sign in to follow this  
christophergentry110401

MAGIC LOSE Stan Van Gundy to Kings

Brian Schimtz Blog

Are Magic Opening Their Coaching Search Again --- And For Whom?

Posted on Jun 6, 2007 5:41:57 PM

The Magic have taken the round-about way to get to back square one in their coaching search.

With Billy Donovan gone and now Stan Van Gundy showing up in Sacramento, the Magic will have to turn to other candidates such as P.J. Carlesimo. Carlesimo was the short list, presumably behind Donovan and Van Gundy.

Are they opening it up again --- or will they go to Carlesimo?

Carlesimo was the head coach at Portland and Golden State, and he is currently Greg Poppovich's lead assistant with the San Antonio Spurs.

Here's the catch: If the Magic want P.J., they are going to have to wait, with the Spurs beginning a run in the Finals Thursday against the Cleveland Cavs.

Other candidates: Larry Brown, who's been everywhere; Rick Carlisle, former Detroit and Indiana coach; Terry Porter, former coach at Milwaukee; Brian Shaw, Lakers assistant; Kurt Rambis, Lakers assistant.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2007/06/are_magic_openi.html

If BHill comes back, I think you will see a stampede into Otis' office begging to be traded. Except Jammer of course. He would love to be a five man team all by himself.

Wait, wait, wait: wasn't he just going there for a follow-up interview? He's actually SIGNING WITH THEM?! ARRRRG! HOW DOES THE MAGIC POSSIBLY SCREW THE OFF SEASON THIS BADLY?!!!

My god, it's almost like this organization is TRYING to drive away fans. Like it's shy or something. Ugh. I'm not reading sports news for a month and will just check in then.

quote:
Originally posted by christophergentry110401:

Randy Whitman signed a multi year deal with minnesota.

Sorry, I knew that. I meant to type Seattle but my head is about to explode.

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

Sorry Andie. I do believe Mickey Mouse is still available,Otis better gettem before we end up with Goofy,or Donald Duck.

LOL. My dead cat could coach better than BHill

Chris-Bob and Otis should have been on top of this before the playoffs started. Not 3 weeks after they ended.

quote:
Originally posted by christophergentry110401:

This is not the Organization's Fault Billy D. has done this to us.

I disagree. As convenient as it is to blame everything on Donovan, he isn't the one that waited 3 weeks to fire B Hill. He didn't let Iavaroni sign with Memphis without a fight. He didn't convince Pat Riley to make an unrealistic compensatory demand. All he did was eff the hell out of all Magic fans, but not the organization completely.