Sign in to follow this  
christophergentry110401

MAGIC LOSE Stan Van Gundy to Kings

I have new reason to despise Pat Riley. Now we have no options besides waiting until the end of the playoffs to see if we can get a coach unless we dreg up somebody else thats a dubious fit.

Here's a thought:

What if Miami wanted compensation out of Orlando but not Sacramneto because Miami has discussed and maybe has a hand-shake deal in place for Artest if they stear Van Gundy there.

quote:
It is unlikely the Magic would have considered a Heat request for a future first-round pick, with Orlando not holding a pick in that round this year.

I'm sorry I totally understand the Magic even though I obviously wanted Stan here. A first round pick for a guy thats a consultant on your team is ridiculous. Riley simply wanted to push Stan where he wanted him.

C'mon guys, we gotta try to remain optimistic. Nothing is official until announced. I know it's far-fetched but that's all I have to hold on to.

if we get PJ, i will be extremely pissed. omg.. this is ridiculously ****ed up. lfslkajkldsaj **** all those people you guys said should go **** themselves..

If this is true, ESPN PTI just got it wrong... Ill wwait to see whats up before I go changin my **** banner AGAIN.. maybe he went out there to apologize like a man, face to face, for verbally agreeing to the contract and is now takin his name out of that hat...

please dear god, make it so.....

wasnt there a thread the other day about a grown man crying??? If all this goes down and we end up with PJ CarlisiBLOW, I may need to add a reason to the list..

Brian Schmitz Blog

Donovan Costs Magic Van Gundy, Too?

Posted on Jun 6, 2007 5:25:02 PM

The collateral damage done by silly Billy Donovan can't be estimated by any insurance company.

Now it looks as if Billy's 'Bout-face has cost the Magic Stan Van Gundy.

Our sister paper, the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, reported that Van Gundy had arrived in Sacramento on Wednesday. Ira Winderman wrote that Van Gundy was on the verge of taking the Kings' job.

When Donovan bailed, the Magic turned to Van Gundy, their runnerup choice. But Van Gundy is still under contract to the Miami Heat as a consultant through next June, and Heat Coach and prez Pat Riley wanted compensation for Van Gundy from Orlando.

Apparently, the price was too high for the Magic to pay --- or they decided to go in a different direction in their coaching search at the last second. Not likely.

The Magic offered Van Gundy a job and he wanted to be in Orlando.

If Riley wanted three second-round draft picks, not a big deal. But if wanted a future first-rounder for Van Gundy, that might have been the deal-breaker for GM Otis Smith.

Riley didn't ask for compensation from the Kings, because they are not in the Eastern Conference.

Blame Riley for shafting the Magic and Van Gundy (again), but Riley was playing the hardball card. Of course, Riley is ruthless. He nudged Stan out of the Heat coaching chair after almost three seasons, and led the team to a title parade while Van Gundy had to watch.

But all this mayhem for the Magic can be traced to Donovan's unprofessional exit.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2007/06/donovan_costs_m.html

BURN BILLY BURN

BURN ALL DAY EVERYDAY INSIDE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE