Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

O'Neal: 'I Killed Off All The Centers'

Shaq has offered Dwight advice before. Little gems like "If your team mates aren't passing you the ball, park yourself in the paint and get a few three second violations until they get the message".

I'd rather he not try to "help" Dwight.

Shaq has offered Dwight advice before. Little gems like "If your team mates aren't passing you the ball, park yourself in the paint and get a few three second violations until they get the message".

That's hilarious! Never heard that before.

Just so no one has to take my word for it...

Howard said he hoped that O’Neal would help him improve his game but says the biggest man on the planet only told him “to get the ball. That’s the thing. If you don’t get the ball, stand in the lane for three seconds until they give it to you.”

Link

I can't say I don't particularly agree.

There's some truth to that comment. The "until they get the message" part has somewhat of a bad vibe to it, but he's addressing something that (at least up until recently) has been a pretty big issue.

lol, I actually kind of like that advice as well. I'll sacrifice a couple of turnovers if Dwight touches the ball 18 to 20 times a game.

lol, I actually kind of like that advice as well. I'll sacrifice a couple of turnovers if Dwight touches the ball 18 to 20 times a game.

He could always, you know, tell his teammates during timeouts or whatever that he wants the ball more, instead of costing the team possessions with passive aggressive BS.

• Upvote 1

He could always, you know, tell his teammates during timeouts or whatever that he wants the ball more, instead of costing the team possessions with passive aggressive BS.

I don't know man. There have been times where I've been screaming for an entire quarter to get Dwight the ball. Something as radical as deliberately standing in the paint would probably drive that point home.

If you were playing with a monster like howard I dont think you should be told that you need to give him the ball more often, I think its kinda obvious when howard is shooting over 50% from the field. What comes to Shaq's comments, well you all remember what kind of monster he was when he was younger. I dont think he is trying to make anyone worse player because he knows the better days are over for him.

Exactly. Shaq puts it out there that he's the biggest and baddest and all centers are beneath him. What would it look like if it was known he spent a few training sessions with Dwight? And while he's still playing in the league too? That's why its a secret. Factor in Shaq still has some affection for the Magic organization, Shaq has been noticeably more complimentary of Dwight and his skills, and Dwight was invited to be on Shaq's tv show? All this leads me to believe Shaq might've been that secret "hall of famer" to teach Dwight a few things this summer.

We were discussing this on Saturday night as it came up between the commentators during the Magic vs Bobcats game. They were saying that it's a player still playing in the NBA and he lives in Orlando, Florida. Who else could it be?