Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez66

WINCE

i can talk to you. i feel what you are saying. he wasnt the vince carter we expected. i thought he played good, but we needed great. so i dont believe that he is without fault. im just trying to figure out, why are we still bashing him, its a new season. we should be cheering for the people on our favorite team.

Yeah, maybe after reaching the Finals two seasons ago and then getting chauffeured out of the ECF in an embarressing fashion left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. And, to be honest, they have the right to be upset.

Vince gets a lot of heat because of his downgraded play, which should be expected because he has performed at a higher level in previous years. The season hasn't started yet, so Vince hasn't had a change to prove to everyone that last season was just a hiccup. I hope that this is the case, because if his value declines any more, that is a terrible sign for VC and for the club as well.

Don't take the criticism to heart. When you love a team, you want them to be at their best. Some fans are just questioning whether or not Vince is the right fit for this team, or if he has the wherewithal to respond positively to last season's disappointment.

i can talk to you. i feel what you are saying. he wasnt the vince carter we expected. i thought he played good, but we needed great. so i dont believe that he is without fault. im just trying to figure out, why are we still bashing him, its a new season. we should be cheering for the people on our favorite team.

Vince did not play "good". He was brought in to help the Magic have a go to scorer in the playoffs and be that one on one threat. He did not accomplish that, in fact, HE COULDN'T EVEN MAKE FREE THROWS. Ergo, he and his season, were a failure.

I have been a Magic fan since the season Shaq left (when I moved to Florida.) Don't tell me what it means to follow my team and what it means to be a true fan. As a true fan, I am rooting for JJ to get more minutes than VC, because he plays his absolute heart out, regardless of limitations, every night.

• Upvote 2

Good?

If Vince played "good" in the playoffs we would have beat the Celtics or at least come very close to it.

Vince was horrible for the entire playoffs, decent some parts of the season and below average for others.

You want people to give him a pass when it looked like he was content with a fading away jumpers -- instead of taking it to the rack, and not playing D? Get a grip man. We have a perfectly understandable gripe with Vince.

If you can't understand that, then you need to seek psychiatric counseling because of your Carter obsession.

• Upvote 5

Someone is dangerously close to breaking the record for most negative hits in one thread.

Good?

If Vince played "good" in the playoffs we would have beat the Celtics or at least come very close to it.

Vince was horrible for the entire playoffs, decent some parts of the season and below average for others.

You want people to give him a pass when it looked like he was content with a fading away jumpers -- instead of taking it to the rack, and not playing D? Get a grip man. We have a perfectly understandable gripe with Vince.

If you can't understand that, then you need to seek psychiatric counseling because of your Carter obsession.

Vince was horrible so were the other guys including D12 and Shard. I say spread the hate to the entire team. They all suck.

• Downvote 8

Game 1: Dwight sucked, Barnes sucked, Shard sucked, Vince kept us around, Jameer rebounded like a champ with desire to win

Game 2: Jameer sucked, Barnes sucked, Shard sucked, Vince wasn't great, but wasn't too bad (except for the free throws obviously)

Game 3: Everyone sucked

Game 4: Vince sucked, Rashard sucked

Game 5: Vince sucked

Game 6: Everyone but Dwight sucked, Vince kept us around during the second quarter

Spread the hate around guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Game 1: Dwight sucked, Jameer sucked, Barnes sucked, Shard sucked, Vince kept us around

Game 2: Jameer sucked, Barnes sucked, Shard sucked, Vince wasn't great, but wasn't too bad (except for the free throws obviously)

Game 3: Everyone sucked

Game 4: Vince sucked, Rashard sucked

Game 5: Vince sucked

Game 6: Everyone but Dwight sucked, Vince kept us around during the second quarter

Spread the hate around guys.

Jameer sucked in game 1...?

Jameer sucked in game 1...?

IMO, Jameer played great in our wins, but I feel that one of the main reasons we lost each game was because Jameer wasn't attacking or making plays. So yes, he sucked in game 1.

IMO, Jameer played great in our wins, but I feel that one of the main reasons we lost each game was because Jameer wasn't attacking or making plays. So yes, he sucked in game 1.

Boston did a great job containing Jameer, and it worked until Stan came up with an effective counter to help free him up.

All they did with Vince is get a little physical with him on a couple of drives until he gave up and resorted to shooting jumpers and fad aways and not forcing the issue. The difference, to me, isn't in the results, it's in the effort and the desire. I didn't see that from Vince, I saw him put his head down at the lack of a whistle and just give up attacking. That's my gripe.

While he wasn't great, he was definitely solid... shot a decent percentage scoring 20 points and outrebounded everyone on the team with the exception of Dwight Howard. Far from suck.