Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Pat Riley takes some shots at Stan and Otis

Hard to believe Rashard is paid more than any of of the Miami divas. Maybe riles was referring to comparable salaries and not comparable talent. Look the Heat went all in and won.... great job. Had his gamble not worked, which at one point it looked like Wade was going to Chicago to leave Miami with no one except Beasly and Chalmers. It was a well played, if not pre ordained, gamble that the rest of gms didnt plan for or try themselves. People need to quit complaining and just accept it as a talented gm pulled one of the greatest free agent signings of all time. Now for the heat winning a title thats another story (one I fear david stern will make happen).

I'm pretty sure we aren't complaining. I commend the Heat for acquiring such talent, but Pat Riley comparing Lewis to the absolute top talent in the league just doesn't make sense to me.

Also, do you guys think SVG's doing a little Phil Jackson here? Planting a seed into the minds of Bosh and the Heat organization for the upcoming season?

With all that the ex-players are saying, Magic Johnson is the one that has no room to talk. He had the ultimate help in Kareem. Lebron had nobody, ever, that is the Cavs fault. If I were Lebron, I too would have gone to South Beach. No one looks at the trio of West, Baylor, and Chamberlain as "punks", neither will anyone look at those 3 in that way 10 years from now. They will win multiple titles and everyone needs to stop with their comments of jealousy towards the Heat and move on. Build your team to beat the Heat. If Barkley and Ewing could go back and do it all over again, I bet they would join the Bulls.

Good point about the former Laker trio but did they ever win a championship? Not sure they did. IMO though this is the best trio to ever be assembled on a team; they're all young and in/approaching their primes. I just hope their egos get in the way, otherwise it might be nearly impossible to stop them.

As far as the comments though, I thought Otis and Stan were right on, especially Stan. I can't blame Riley for wanting to fire back, but Lebron couldn't beat em so he joined em and Chris Bosh is a lackey, that's the truth and Otis and Stan pointed it out.

With all that the ex-players are saying, Magic Johnson is the one that has no room to talk. He had the ultimate help in Kareem. Lebron had nobody, ever, that is the Cavs fault. If I were Lebron, I too would have gone to South Beach. No one looks at the trio of West, Baylor, and Chamberlain as "punks", neither will anyone look at those 3 in that way 10 years from now. They will win multiple titles and everyone needs to stop with their comments of jealousy towards the Heat and move on. Build your team to beat the Heat. If Barkley and Ewing could go back and do it all over again, I bet they would join the Bulls.

If you're referring to Barkley's "punk" reference, you've misstated what he said. He said the "Decision" and the dancing on stage were punk moves. He wasn't even misquoted when he said it and still ended up having to clear it up on several media outlets. And again, the way it went down makes this is an unprecedented event. This can't be compared to every All-Star trio we can think of and, even less, hindsight possibilities. What will happen is it will force other players to counter it with similar moves and if your team isn't one of the fortunate ones, sorry for ya.

Hard to believe Rashard is paid more than any of of the Miami divas. Maybe riles was referring to comparable salaries and not comparable talent. Look the Heat went all in and won.... great job. Had his gamble not worked, which at one point it looked like Wade was going to Chicago to leave Miami with no one except Beasly and Chalmers. It was a well played, if not pre ordained, gamble that the rest of gms didnt plan for or try themselves. People need to quit complaining and just accept it as a talented gm pulled one of the greatest free agent signings of all time. Now for the heat winning a title thats another story (one I fear david stern will make happen).

The last time I checked the Heat have not won anything since the season has not started. So before you give them the title lets see if they don't implode because they can't get the ball touch's they all want and then you have the problem of pg for them. Not a very balanced team imo.

As for Riley's comments my best guess he is trying to get his new lineup fired up for the upcoming season. It's just Riley being Riley nothing has changed. The last time I checked this was not the first time he ranted about SVG.

Magic won one championship with Kareem out for the deciding game and another championship with Kareem practically in a wheelchair. He still had a stacked roster playing with him but that doesn't diminish his accomplishments. The Lakers were a 45 to 50 win team without Magic by the mid-80s.

Pat Riley is going to take shots at us all year. And I hope we beat the hell out of them every time we play them. Especially the 2nd game of the season, in their place. I want Dwight to go off on them.

It doesn't hurt to "hope". But its not going to happen. At the end of the day...regardless of what us Magic fans think about this situation....Riley gets the last laugh.

• Downvote 2

I'm pretty sure we aren't complaining. I commend the Heat for acquiring such talent, but Pat Riley comparing Lewis to the absolute top talent in the league just doesn't make sense to me.

I thought it was a dig, at Otis, for getting much less for his money.

I thought it was a dig, at Otis, for getting much less for his money.

I thought he was referring to Otis and Stan's quotes -- comparing Bosh as being Wade's lapdog to Lewis being Dwight's, and about how 'great ones' do it by themselves.

If what he said was about the contract money, I was off base. The article doesn't seem to make it clear what he is inferring with that particular quote.

I thought he was referring to Otis and Stan's quotes -- comparing Bosh as being Wade's lapdog to Lewis being Dwight's, and about how 'great ones' do it by themselves.

If what he said was about the contract money, I was off base. The article doesn't seem to make it clear what he is inferring with that particular quote.

Looking at the article again, I think your interpretation is more on point. I think I just read it, the first time, in light of my opinion of Otis...that he doesn't belong in the same league as Riley. When we lose Dwight in a few years, most of you will agree.

Looking at the article again, I think your interpretation is more on point. I think I just read it, the first time, in light of my opinion of Otis...that he doesn't belong in the same league as Riley. When we lose Dwight in a few years, most of you will agree.

Right. Riley is on a league of his own, full of self-absorbed assholes with very little class and very hypocritical behavior, who was able to get those 3 guys through a lot of collusion and blatant cheating.

I'm glad Otis isn't on the same "league" as Riley. That guy is a lunatic and if it weren't for unfair practices and LeBron's willingness not to always be the man anymore, Riley and the Heat would probably be staring at another season of mediocrity or down right awful basketball.