Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Pat Riley takes some shots at Stan and Otis

Riley also took umbrage with comments emanating from Orlando, namely from Magic General Manager Otis Smith and Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, the former Heat coach and long-time Riley bench assistant.

"Stan's out there making comments about Chris Bosh being a lap dog to Dwyane Wade," Riley said. "I don't know what happened to some of these guys along the way."

Smith had spoken about how the "great ones" do it on their own and "usually stay in one location."

"I thought that was an absolutely stupid remark," Riley said. "He never made any kind of comment like that when he signed Rashard Lewis."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-pat-riley-s091010,0,6357173.story

since when was rashard "great"?

My point exactly. Rashard can't even "do it on his own". Rashard isn't a superstar. He right there with second..tier all-stars.........well...he's hangin in there.

Pat Riley is going to take shots at us all year. And I hope we beat the hell out of them every time we play them. Especially the 2nd game of the season, in their place. I want Dwight to go off on them.

Our coach and GM did start the war of words. I don't think the Rashard signing is even remotely comparable but I can't blame Riley for responding.

With all that the ex-players are saying, Magic Johnson is the one that has no room to talk. He had the ultimate help in Kareem. Lebron had nobody, ever, that is the Cavs fault. If I were Lebron, I too would have gone to South Beach. No one looks at the trio of West, Baylor, and Chamberlain as "punks", neither will anyone look at those 3 in that way 10 years from now. They will win multiple titles and everyone needs to stop with their comments of jealousy towards the Heat and move on. Build your team to beat the Heat. If Barkley and Ewing could go back and do it all over again, I bet they would join the Bulls.

Hard to believe Rashard is paid more than any of of the Miami divas. Maybe riles was referring to comparable salaries and not comparable talent. Look the Heat went all in and won.... great job. Had his gamble not worked, which at one point it looked like Wade was going to Chicago to leave Miami with no one except Beasly and Chalmers. It was a well played, if not pre ordained, gamble that the rest of gms didnt plan for or try themselves. People need to quit complaining and just accept it as a talented gm pulled one of the greatest free agent signings of all time. Now for the heat winning a title thats another story (one I fear david stern will make happen).