Sign in to follow this  
magic07

Starters Back...now what?

quote:
Originally posted by TnMagicFan:

My question is if we get any good passing PG and put him in Jameers spot, with the assist skills of say Chris Paul or Baron Davis, how do you think we would be?

We'd be awesome eventually. In the short term, our offense will be much improved.

The thing is, we already have that PG! His name is Travis Diener! Too bad he's probably a goner :/

Excuse me while I go punch a drawing of Otis, Hill and Vanderweide I just made. I'll be right back..

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

quote:
Originally posted by TnMagicFan:

My question is if we get any good passing PG and put him in Jameers spot, with the assist skills of say Chris Paul or Baron Davis, how do you think we would be?

We'd be awesome eventually. In the short term, our offense will be much improved.

The thing is, we already have that PG! His name is Travis Diener! Too bad he's probably a goner :/

Excuse me while I go punch a drawing of Otis, Hill and Vanderweide I just made. I'll be right back..

AGREED! Great responce! Only if rookies could play on this team.

quote:
Oh well I'm sorry..

You read up a little too, I clarified "since I've been here" I haven't seen him being too critical or Jameer (and neither of Brian Hill for that matter). Must have been before I joined cause I haven't read ANY of those.

Either way, it's funny to see someone so up to date on what someone else posts. I didn't know some users here had groupies. Cool!

BRIAN HILL: A big mistake then, and still a failure now. Bring back a TRUE fan favorite: Darrell Armstrong!

thats cool. but let me get something straight, Brian is the right coach for this young team. he practices strict discipline and what you want your players to practice as they develop. but he is not the coach if we're speaking in tewrms of winning a championship.

quote:
I totally wish you are correct and I'm wrong, but I do not believe Otis is that smart just because he wears those glasses and seems to have no emotion, or gift of speech.

Jameer is also part of our future "young core" because he was supposedly the steal of the draft, and management thinks we as fans can put up with his poor play as a PG. When I joined I was practically alone in my dislike of Hill and in that Jameer shouldn't be starting.

I didn't expect anyone to agree with me, I mean I've had some of you here like for ex. emory999 criticize me for talking about B.Hill so much, yet lately it seems he criticizes him as much as I do.

Anyways.. Otis really likes Jameer and so does Hill. Right now there aren't any teams that would trade anything of value for him, and Otis and Co. very likely feel his 3 year experience is worth much more than going back and trading him for a high pick or even a younger player(even if we could potentially get better talent).

Furthermore, they'd never alienate Howard! by sending his little buddy away.I'm sure they'll have that in mind. This organization is one of the most PR conscious in the whole NBA. Another reason why I'm afraid they would also be hesistant to deal Carlos even if we can get better in return.

Smart moves can't be expected out of an organization that brought back a loser like napoleon just to make fans "remember the good times"

with the way Jameer is playing right now? and the fact that we also have another point guard who is capable of starting can make Jameer expandable. I'm sure Jameer is one of those "untouchables" but when the right deal comes along, he is as good as gone. Its safe to say that Dwight is the ONLY Magic player who is untouchable.

quote:
I didn't expect anyone to agree with me, I mean I've had some of you here like for ex. emory999 criticize me for talking about B.Hill so much, yet lately it seems he criticizes him as much as I do.

There was a good reason that I criticized you. You rant about the coach everytime you post regardless of the topic. Its gets very old and it turns the thread into the exact same anti-Hill conversation that we've seen a million times. I've hated Hill for most of the season (long before you joined) but I don't have the desire to hijack every thread with it.

FOr your info i am not a groupie... and 2 of those quotes had been posted within the 30 days you have been here..

I dont know how you missed those..

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Miami just won their 6th straight and are still missing their best player. Do we still feel comfortable hearing excuses about how we had injuries?

Eddie Jones is making the difference. And who do wwe got besides Dwight? They got Shaq and Jones.

Hill will blame the team's failure on Darko because he's Serbian. He will then demand Darko be deported and urge Otis to trade Dwight for Mark Madsen, thus bringing the true twin towers to Orlando, Garrity and Madsen.