Sign in to follow this  
magic07

Starters Back...now what?

The last of Bhill excuses have been eliminated. Injuries are no longer the issue! What will be his reasoning for the failures of the team now? Have you ever noticed every team, and I mean every team subs before he does. He consistently leaves his starters out there until two minutes left in the first quarter. I mean how big of a story was Grant not starting last night....huge. TNT did quite a piece on it. And why should it be. Our lineup needs to be changed and of course his famous rotations. They showed Otis last night and to his credit he looked upset. I really believe we have the right ingrediants to be a winning team we just need a master chef to mix it up, add a little hustle here, 3 point shooting there, assists and so on. Our guys are defintely not motivated. Who would not want out twin towers, a PG who distributes first and a 3 point threat like JJ and Diener. Doug Collins said we needed a true PG and Jameer would be an excellent backup. Truth or fiction?

The last of Bhill excuses have been eliminated. Injuries are no longer the issue! What will be his reasoning for the failures of the team now? Have you ever noticed every team, and I mean every team subs before he does. He consistently leaves his starters out there until two minutes left in the first quarter. I mean how big of a story was Grant not starting last night....huge. TNT did quite a piece on it. And why should it be. Our lineup needs to be changed and of course his famous rotations. They showed Otis last night and to his credit he looked upset. I really believe we have the right ingrediants to be a winning team we just need a master chef to mix it up, add a little hustle here, 3 point shooting there, assists and so on. Our guys are defintely not motivated. Who would not want out twin towers, a PG who distributes first and a 3 point threat like JJ and Diener. Doug Collins said we needed a true PG and Jameer would be an excellent backup. Truth or fiction?

I've always said we needed a true point guard and that Jameer would never lead us anywhere. I compared Jameer to Sam Cassell, but it looks to me that it isn't accurate anymore.

Also, I agree. There are spices missing in this dish. ;-)

Fendy, Meer is going nowhere and we all know that.He can keep playing like s*** the remainder of the season and B.Hill and Otis don't care about that. I'm very dissapointed with both of them. It's time for Meer to come of the bench.

It happens only here. We all can see how different are magics from the remainder of the league.

What an waste of talent (some bench players),time and money (we the fans) !

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

I've always said we needed a true point guard and that Jameer would never lead us anywhere. I compared Jameer to Sam Cassell, but it looks to me that it isn't accurate anymore.

Strange, I've would have never guessed. To me your views never suggested that as long as I've been here.

Jameer is here to stay because he's not confrontational (unlikely to speak out against Hill).

He would not be viewed as having a legit cause to blame anything on coach Hill since he starts him and has made him the "leader" of the team. B.Hill allows him to play however he wants (which is scoring) not passing.

Our owners calculate he's got a good fan base so it's a win-win situation for them.

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

quote:

Strange, I've would have never guessed. To me your views never suggested that as long as I've been here.

I guess what your saying is over the last 30 days youve been here FENDI sounded like an avid jameer supporter??

here are some of his quotes:

quote:
But my best bet would be if we trade Jameer, we could get a pretty good pick in return. Sure, Jameer is untouchable, but up to what point? The only untouchable on this team is Dwight. Lottery picks would really cost us, Jameer might be a road to acquiring one though.

quote:
I wouldn't like to say this but I think one of the best ways to improve this team is by trading Jameer.

quote:
I don't see Jameer being the point guard who'd bring us to the finals. Jameer has that taking-over mentality but he can't do it everytime.

quote:
I do believe that Jameer can score at will, but the fact that he's pretty small, some times a liability on defense, and tends to shoot the ball even when he passes by an open teammate don't really help much at all. Sadly, Jameer doesn't have what it takes to dominate a basketball game. and that is what exactly seperates the all-stars with the superstars

quote:
And, really I agree with him. Nelson is becoming this "take-over" guy, but he forces things. For one instance, we were down by around 20 (tonight), just when we were making a run, he throws up a wild lob-pass to Dwight. Man, that wasn't even an open lane, and sum it all up, why try to go for an alley-oop when we're down? Jameer also relaxes a lot of defense.

These are just a few he has made since last year... read up a little first...

Another problem is Carlos Arroyo's play. Since the first 10-15 games of the season he certainly hasn't played the kind of basketball that could even come close to threatening Jameer's starting position on this team.

Every day that passes, I truly believe more and more that Travis Diener is the best possible starter for this team. I don't think he's the most talented PG on this roster, but he seems to actually.. you know.. PASS THE BASKETBALL and manage the game!

What a thought.

quote:
Jameer is here to stay because he's not confrontational (unlikely to speak out against Hill).
well, true. but no one has even stepped up to confront about this matter.

To say that he is here to stay because of him not being confrontational, however, is not a valid reason for him not to be traded. I do believe, that Jameer is not on the block right now. But when we get a decent offer for him, I don't see Otis passing it up. I don't think Otis is imbecil enough to realize that the point guard position is the easiest position to fill because there are a lot of point guards in the FA pool, or even in the draft pool.

As I have stated, and as Nathan has quoted me, Jameer is untouchable, but up to what point?

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

These are just a few he has made since last year... read up a little first...

Oh well I'm sorry..

You read up a little too, I clarified "since I've been here" I haven't seen him being too critical or Jameer (and neither of Brian Hill for that matter). Must have been before I joined cause I haven't read ANY of those.

Either way, it's funny to see someone so up to date on what someone else posts. I didn't know some users here had groupies. Cool!

quote:

To say that he is here to stay because of him not being confrontational, however, is not a valid reason for him not to be traded. I do believe, that Jameer is not on the block right now. But when we get a decent offer for him, I don't see Otis passing it up. I don't think Otis is imbecil enough to realize that the point guard position is the easiest position to fill because there are a lot of point guards in the FA pool, or even in the draft pool.

As I have stated, and as Nathan has quoted me, Jameer is untouchable, but up to what point?

I totally wish you are correct and I'm wrong, but I do not believe Otis is that smart just because he wears those glasses and seems to have no emotion, or gift of speech.

Jameer is also part of our future "young core" because he was supposedly the steal of the draft, and management thinks we as fans can put up with his poor play as a PG. When I joined I was practically alone in my dislike of Hill and in that Jameer shouldn't be starting.

I didn't expect anyone to agree with me, I mean I've had some of you here like for ex. emory999 criticize me for talking about B.Hill so much, yet lately it seems he criticizes him as much as I do.

Anyways.. Otis really likes Jameer and so does Hill. Right now there aren't any teams that would trade anything of value for him, and Otis and Co. very likely feel his 3 year experience is worth much more than going back and trading him for a high pick or even a younger player(even if we could potentially get better talent).

Furthermore, they'd never alienate Howard! by sending his little buddy away.I'm sure they'll have that in mind. This organization is one of the most PR conscious in the whole NBA. Another reason why I'm afraid they would also be hesistant to deal Carlos even if we can get better in return.

Smart moves can't be expected out of an organization that brought back a loser like napoleon just to make fans "remember the good times"