Sign in to follow this  
My 6th Rebuild

FIBA wants NBA to change Goal tending rule

The secretary general of FIBA, the governing body of international basketball, would like to see the NBA change its goaltending rules to allow players to knock the ball off the rim.

for the rest of the article: FIBA Goaltending Rule

IMO, I would not mind this change because Howard would definitely take advantage of it and make game winning baskets in the NBA more interesting since players could potentially stuff the ball through when it it around the cylinder. Howards rebound totals could possibly go up to since he can grab the ball right off the cylinder.

I like how FIBA is trying to make their game more like the NBA game with the changes in the lane.

I'm european, but I agree with NBA's goaltending rule. What I think should change is Offensive Interference, I think a guy could put the ball in whenever he wanted to.

I'm european, but I agree with NBA's goaltending rule. What I think should change is Offensive Interference, I think a guy could put the ball in whenever he wanted to.

That gives way too much end for the offensive player, so if you're going to allow an offensive player to go for the ball no matter where it is (once it hits the rim), the defensive player should be allowed as well, pretty much how FIBA is.

get rid of defensive fouls when the offensive player initiates contact.

Amen brother. FIBA officials for all of their faults - and they have a TON of them - do a fairly good job at this.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the NBA adopt the FIBA goaltending rule. It could add a little more excitement to the game and if they count as blocks, Dwight may add 2 more blocks a game to his average.

Get the rules to how they were before 2000. Let's see some ugly brawls!!

Does Stan have his brother's natural talent for leg grabbing?

If they were to change the rule, scores of games and point totals would probably fall. Considering how much we value stats and records nowadays, IDK if the NBA would do this just because of a FIBA request. I also don't like the rule either, if a player executes a shot that will go through the hoop, he deserves that basket.