Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Jeff Van Gundy thinks HEAT could break longtime records?

Jeff's words on the HEAT(HATE)

They will break the single-season win record [of 72],” Jeff Van Gundy said. “And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers’ 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72], as well. And only the Lakers have even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year."

They have put together a much better roster than anybody could ever have expected,” Van Gundy added. “There is now no good way to defend them. They are unguardable. They are indefensible. They are just too good and have added so much shooting and are so versatile that they will score at will."

Full Article

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Nice thread title :svgsad:

You spun it to a negative almost as much as that article talking down on Jameer because the Magic seemed to go after Chris Paul.

Jeff's words on the HEAT(HATE)

They will break the single-season win record [of 72],” Jeff Van Gundy said. “And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers’ 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72], as well. And only the Lakers have even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year."

They have put together a much better roster than anybody could ever have expected,” Van Gundy added. “There is now no good way to defend them. They are unguardable. They are indefensible. They are just too good and have added so much shooting and are so versatile that they will score at will."

Full Article

Awww, is Jeff on his knees again.

• Downvote 8

Apparently picking the Heat to win = saying the Magic are trash.

I'm inclined to agree with him. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if I wasn't a Magic fan, I wouldn't give the Magic much of a chance against the Heat either. Also, I think the Lakers are the one team that could match up with them defensively.

Apparently picking the Heat to win = saying the Magic are trash.

I'm inclined to agree with him. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if I wasn't a Magic fan, I wouldn't give the Magic much of a chance against the Heat either. Also, I think the Lakers are the one team that could match up with them defensively.

This year might be our best chance at beating them. One might say this is the year.

I think Jeff may be a tad high with some of those comments. There is no way, in this day and age, that Miami beat the record for most wins in a season. They're in one of the toughest divisions, all teams are capable of pulling off upsets at any time and they would need all their squad to stay healthy. Brill team, yes. Favourites, sure. 73 wins and 33 consecutive, no chance.

I can see them doing it. I mean a Cleveland team that only had LeBron got 66 wins. That Heat team with Bron, Wade, AND Bosh could easily do it. Sure these teams can roll over the regular season. There are teams that Miami can take nights off against and still win (Warriors, Wolves, Kings, etc.). But can they do it against equally dominant teams in 7 game series? That remains to be seen.

Who cares what a journalist might say?

Way to go out on a limb there Jeff. Just like last year before the playoffs he claims the Cavs are going to be unstoppable, nobody can beat them in the east. Not Orlando and especially...not the Celtics.