Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official NCAA Football 2010 Season Thread

UM fans fighting after the game, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCnT25seg5k&feature=player_embedded

When you have UM fans who have a reputation for crazy brawls and FAMU fans who also have a reputation for crazy brawls, both in the same stadium, it's likely that somebody is going to start a huge fight.

UM looked pretty good (though we cant really take anything from these games this first week). Harris will probably still struggle making reads against talented defenses who play zone but he did all of the right things last night.

They have a couple of good running backs but I guess that's expected when you have 11 rb/fb on the roster to choose from.

FSU starting like any FSU fan could have hoped, UF started super slow, but seem to be getting it together.

Should be a great year of football in the Sunshine State.

yup, couldn't ask for anything more. Freshman were impressive. Joyner, Jones, Werner, and mccallister all showed something today.

yup, couldn't ask for anything more. Freshman were impressive. Joyner, Jones, Werner, and mccallister all showed something today.

It just doesn't have the punch of an opening game against Miami on Labor Day. Although it's probably best for the team, as a selfish fan, I wish were playing Miami on Monday night.

most likely upset:

usf beats uf

or

miami beats osu?

im hoping miami beats osu and usf gets put in their place... my only real issue with this scenario is that it would move boise up in the rankings... -_-

most likely upset:

usf beats uf

or

miami beats osu?

im hoping miami beats osu and usf gets put in their place... my only real issue with this scenario is that it would move boise up in the rankings... -_-

i agree

in all honesty, i think usf has a better chance at the upset, only because im uncertain about the production of the uf offense. i think their defense should be able to shut down the bulls, but it could be a game of field goals if the o doesnt step up.

i dont know much about osu except that they had a pretty weak schedule last year and still managed to rank as a top five team this time around (though they did beat oregon in the rose bowl). i think it can come down to the canes special teams and td/int ratio.

either way, im really just hoping the noles can get their act together and break the sooners home winning streak.

in all honesty, i think usf has a better chance at the upset, only because im uncertain about the production of the uf offense. i think their defense should be able to shut down the bulls, but it could be a game of field goals if the o doesnt step up.

i dont know much about osu except that they had a pretty weak schedule last year and still managed to rank as a top five team this time around (though they did beat oregon in the rose bowl). i think it can come down to the canes special teams and td/int ratio.

either way, im really just hoping the noles can get their act together and break the sooners home winning streak.

it would be poetic justice. If the loss to oklahoma was the beginning of the lost decade, it'd be nice if a win against oklahoma could symbolize a rise back to the upper echelon of football.

Really happy with how Florida played today. Still some kinks to be worked out before Tennessee but Brantley and Pouncey looked sharp, and Demps looks like a dark horse for the heisman with how he played today. USF came out and hit them hard but they responded. I'd like to see a lot less option and a lot more pro style and spread though. Brantley looks more comfortable that way.

Now to watch FSU and Miami, as I prepare for UCF vs NCSU.