Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Prediction.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by XaviInThe407:

With this team as currently constructed we will get eliminated the 2nd round.

What other team, besides Miami, is a real threat to Orlando? Keep in mind Boston lost their defensive coach, Rasheed, Tony Allen, and Allen/Pierce/KG are only getting older.

I am not going to sleep on Boston again because of age or whatever other reason, I said that last year and they lifted our skirt up horribly. Jermaine O'Neal does fairly well against Howard.

quote:

quote:

quote:

What other team, besides Miami, is a real threat to Orlando? Keep in mind Boston lost their defensive coach, Rasheed, Tony Allen, and Allen/Pierce/KG are only getting older.

I am not going to sleep on Boston again because of age or whatever other reason, I said that last year and they lifted our skirt up horribly. Jermaine O'Neal does fairly well against Howard.

Howard, in the last 9 games against O'Neal (which would date back to 2007), has averaged 19.7 points on 57.5% shooting and 13.2 rebounds, and that's including some terrible games he had against the Heat last season. But he has also had two 30 point games, a 29 point game, and some around his season averages.

O'Neal, in no way, does well against Howard.

Last year, O'Neal averaged 12.8 pts/8 rebounds on 44.7% shooting. The year before he averaged 10 points/5.3 rebounds on 39.5% shooting (both seasons averaging around 28mpg). The year before that (2007), he averaged 15 points/6rebounds/3assists on 33.3% shooting

you tell me who has the clear upper hand here

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Howard, in the last 9 games against O'Neal (which would date back to 2007, has averaged 19.7 points on 57.5% shooting and 13.2 rebounds, and that's including some terrible games he had against the Heat last season. But he has also had two 30 point games, a 29 point game, and some around his season averages.

Last year, O'Neal averaged 12.8 pts/8 rebounds on 44.7% shooting. The year before he averaged 10 points/5.3 rebounds on 39.5% shooting (both seasons averaging around 28mpg. The year before that (2007), he averaged 15 points/6rebounds/3assists on 33.3% shooting

lkzyz89efm_clap.gif

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Howard, in the last 9 games against O'Neal (which would date back to 2007, has averaged 19.7 points on 57.5% shooting and 13.2 rebounds, and that's including some terrible games he had against the Heat last season. But he has also had two 30 point games, a 29 point game, and some around his season averages.

Last year, O'Neal averaged 12.8 pts/8 rebounds on 44.7% shooting. The year before he averaged 10 points/5.3 rebounds on 39.5% shooting (both seasons averaging around 28mpg. The year before that (2007), he averaged 15 points/6rebounds/3assists on 33.3% shooting

Vince Carter is a year older & he didnt play too hot against them last year, well maybe we do have the upper hand on Boston it all depends on Lewis to me. He only scored in double digits in one of the 6 games I think which is pathetic, they keep calling out Vince but Lewis played worst then Vince did in the ECF. I still won't sleep on Boston though, once Pekins comes back O'Neal is still a decent big man & another 6 fouls to use on Howard.

quote:

Vince Carter is a year older & he didnt play too hot against them last year, well maybe we do have the upper hand on Boston it all depends on Lewis to me. He only scored in double digits in one of the 6 games I think which is pathetic, they keep calling out Vince but Lewis played worst then Vince did in the ECF. I still won't sleep on Boston though, once Pekins comes back O'Neal is still a decent big man & another 6 fouls to use on Howard.

Why don't you take a look at Kevin Garnett's numbers(you know, the guy Lewis was matched up with), and think about that. While Lewis didn't play well offensively (the guy was sick and given shots before every game), he neutralized his man on the defensive end, and that's all you can ask of your player if his shot isn't falling. So no, Lewis did not play worse than Carter did by any means.

You don't sleep on any team, but if I had to bet on it, I'd pick the Magic over Boston next year without much hesitation.

quote:

quote:

Why don't you take a look at Kevin Garnett's numbers(you know, the guy Lewis was matched up with), and think about that. While Lewis didn't play well offensively (the guy was sick and given shots before every game), he neutralized his man on the defensive end, and that's all you can ask of your player if his shot isn't falling. So no, Lewis did not play worse than Carter did by any means.

You don't sleep on any team, but if I had to bet on it, I'd pick the Magic over Boston next year without much hesitation.

I am rooting for The Magic too, so lets see what happens.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

Christmas Day:

Lakers @ Celtics

Magic @ Heat

OKC @ Phoenix

Christmas day will be Magic @ Celtics and Lakers @ Heat

Late game will be Dallas @ Portland (for the red and green effect they always want.

Book it

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

Christmas Day:

Lakers @ Celtics

Magic @ Heat

OKC @ Phoenix

Christmas day will be Magic @ Celtics and Lakers @ Heat

Late game will be Dallas @ Portland (for the red and green effect they always want.

Book it

I agree

Heat/Lakers on Christmas is a lock imo. I'll bet anyone 20 O-Zone dollars.

Then they won't meet again until Feb.

Christmas Day:

12pm - ESPN : Bulls @ Knicks

2:30pm - ABC : Magic @ Celtics

5pm - ABC : Lakers @ HEAT

8pm - ESPN : Suns @ Nuggets

10:30pm - ESPN : Mavericks @ Blazers

My only snag is the Magic game because last year's ORL-BOS Christmas game was such a yawner. But now they have the ECF rematch card they could play.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Christmas Day:

My only snag is the Magic game because last year's ORL-BOS Christmas game was such a yawner. But now they have the ECF rematch card they could play.

Why the **** does everyone capitalize HEAT?

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Christmas Day:

Why the **** does everyone capitalize HEAT?

I just do it to make fun of them.

I think it's stupid.