Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

C. Paul trade adventure; ESPN TrueHoop(pg. 17)

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

the chris paul thread is an abomination, its nothing but a place for trolls like jareth and bmp to gather and say dumb ish.....no worry's guys i'm sure another one of their alts will be by tonight to tell us to bring back Darrell Armstrong

stop pouting because you weren't accepted into the club.

So I guess we can all assume that you are "in" the club then?

no, there is no club.

but this guy in his last 70 posts has hated on Jareth, BMP, Kberto, Jec, Junkie, Debonair, the VC fans, Miguel, the mods, the newbs, etc. He just complains about everything

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

quote:

quote:

the chris paul thread is an abomination, its nothing but a place for trolls like jareth and bmp to gather and say dumb ish.....no worry's guys i'm sure another one of their alts will be by tonight to tell us to bring back Darrell Armstrong

stop pouting because you weren't accepted into the club.

So I guess we can all assume that you are "in" the club then?

no, there is no club.

but this guy in his last 70 posts has hated on Jareth, BMP, Kberto, Jec, Junkie, Debonair, the VC fans, Miguel, the mods, the newbs, etc. He just complains about everything

Maybe he is Buzz Killington?

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Just got off the phone with Povtak...he says Ken Berger knows what he's talking about...he doesn't throw ish out there like other reporters...

Link:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/s...till-seeking-way-out

This is for the people that don't read that other thread because it's so big and full of jibberish...

Sounds to me like NOLA was just firing warning shots at Paul by leaking that NJ and Bobcats have assets they would want. If so, they can't be serious. I doubt Paul's camp would really believe either of those two teams have anything to offer NOLA.

There is very little value at all in NJ - maybe Harris and Lopez - and Harris' contract is awful too 3yr/$27M. Other than that you have some marginal to average players, not to mention NJ would have to trade almost all their roster to absorb Paul and Okafor's contract. Seems pointless for NOLA to trade there.

The Bobcats have Dampiers contract ($13M) and some quality veteran players like Jackson and Wallace whose contracts are both around 3y/$30M...but those aren't exactly rebuilding pieces nor young talent.

If NOLA is indeed stalling, the Knicks after Dec 15th look like a legitimate destination.

I have doubts that Otis would do a mid season trade, especially if the team is playing good.

yeah, nelson is better than harris and has a more manageable contract. Lopez would be nice but lee, williams, favors, lopez isnt any better than Carter, Nelson (even if he's dumped for picks immediately), gortat/bass

Paul would leave in two years if traded to the bobcats. The guys holding that team together are jackson and wallace and i believe NOLA might ask for both in return.

quote:

Just got off the phone with Povtak...he says Ken Berger knows what he's talking about...he doesn't throw ish out there like other reporters...

Link:

This is for the people that don't read that other thread because it's so big and full of jibberish...

You have Povtak's phone number????

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:

Link:

Sounds to me like NOLA was just firing warning shots at Paul by leaking that NJ and Bobcats have assets they would want. If so, they can't be serious. I doubt Paul's camp would really believe either of those two teams have anything to offer NOLA.

There is very little value at all in NJ - maybe Harris and Lopez - and Harris' contract is awful too 3yr/$27M. Other than that you have some marginal to average players, not to mention NJ would have to trade almost all their roster to absorb Paul and Okafor's contract. Seems pointless for NOLA to trade there.

The Bobcats have Dampiers contract ($13M) and some quality veteran players like Jackson and Wallace whose contracts are both around 3y/$30M...but those aren't exactly rebuilding pieces nor young talent.

If NOLA is indeed stalling, the Knicks after Dec 15th look like a legitimate destination.

I have doubts that Otis would do a mid season trade, especially if the team is playing good.

yeah, nelson is better than harris and has a more manageable contract. Lopez would be nice but lee, williams, favors, lopez isnt any better than Carter, Nelson (even if he's dumped for picks immediately), gortat/bass

Paul would leave in two years if traded to the bobcats. The guys holding that team together are jackson and wallace and i believe NOLA might ask for both in return.

The Bobcats trade reminds me of the Houston trade with us.. we got older pieces back only had about 2 years left of prime type years. No way they do that trade with them.

aww lewis thinks i want in his gay club...it's the internet. it's hard to discuss basketball when this board is littered with alts, people posting lolcats and the VCO tools coming with their spamming nonsense. I'd love to talk basketball unfortunately the enablers here have allowed them to run rampant

New Jersey still has $13 million in cap space according to ESPN Trade Machine. They could essentially trade Harris, Lee and T-Will for Paul and Okafor. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

The more I look at what other teams can offer the more I doubt Orlando could get the deal done unless CP3 tells other teams that he won't re-sign with them.

quote:

Link:

Junkie's getting all thug on us now, with his new usage of words and all.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 4 Life:

quote:

Link:

You have Povtak's phone number????

Chair Shot

quote:

aww lewis thinks i want in his gay club...it's the internet. it's hard to discuss basketball when this board is littered with alts, people posting lolcats and the VCO tools coming with their spamming nonsense. I'd love to talk basketball unfortunately the enablers here have allowed them to run rampant

yet you've helped rectify the problem by complaining (by my non-significant sample) in 85.7% of your posts instead of contributing positively to this community.

The last lolcat was months ago. You say everybody is an alternate account because they post what you believe is a pointless topic but in reality they're new posters that happen to be less knowledgeable about the ins and outs of nba basketball.

I might bump heads with junkie and Smack but they bring valuable basketball discussion often.

BMP, jec, berto, and Jareth might joke around during the lulls of the day but they generally make knowledgeable posts most of the time.

But what do you bring to the table? You complain for the sake of complaining. Someone makes their first post and it might not be filled with basketball IQ, "Must be a troll account, IP ban this jerk". Junkie comes back from suspension and you antagonize him. Someone posts a new article about how Chris Paul would like to come to the magic "There's no possible way we're getting Chris Paul".

I'm just sick of hearing nothing but negativity and I can't always take the mod route and talk to people behind closed doors because then i'm "bullying people with my authority to stop having alternative opinions" or somehow catering to the goofballs of the forum even though i spent the better part of the day cleaning up their posts.

So yeah, I finally got frustrated enough to do this. I'm sorry if it detracted from the thread but god hates magic fans isn't breaking the TOS, he's just being annoying. But maybe calling him out here will get him to stop.

quote:

quote:

yet you've helped rectify the problem by complaining (by my non-significant sample) in 85.7% of your posts instead of contributing positively to this community.

The last lolcat was months ago. You say everybody is an alternate account because they post what you believe is a pointless topic but in reality they're new posters that happen to be less knowledgeable about the ins and outs of nba basketball.

I might bump heads with junkie and Smack but they bring valuable basketball discussion often.

BMP, jec, berto, and Jareth might joke around during the lulls of the day but they generally make knowledgeable posts most of the time.

But what do you bring to the table? You complain for the sake of complaining. Someone makes their first post and it might not be filled with basketball IQ, "Must be a troll account, IP ban this jerk". Junkie comes back from suspension and you antagonize him. Someone posts a new article about how Chris Paul would like to come to the magic "There's no possible way we're getting Chris Paul".

I'm just sick of hearing nothing but negativity and I can't always take the mod route and talk to people behind closed doors because then i'm "bullying people with my authority to stop having alternative opinions" or somehow catering to the goofballs of the forum even though i spent the better part of the day cleaning up their posts.

So yeah, I finally got frustrated enough to do this. I'm sorry if it detracted from the thread but god hates magic fans isn't breaking the TOS, he's just being annoying. But maybe calling him out here will get him to stop.

did you ban him? Lol

If all you guys really care about is hoop news then go to Google. I swear there are too many idiots that don't know what message boards and forums are.