Magicfanagain

Save C. Lee...

quote:
Originally posted by Audi:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

When it comes down to the 5 games of the 82 games in a regular season where we will see kobe/wade...Lee wont make any difference individually compared to Redick on D, or Vince for that matter-it will come down to the team effort, just like it always has been under the SVG regime here in Orlando.

That all being said I thought Redick did just fine guarding Wade on ISO's late last season. And Redick stays with Kobe just fine as well, he just gets shot over just like Lee does. Kobe is Kobe. Redick is better at every other aspect as far as I can tell, so there is no reason to sacrifice so many other facets in favor of a player that has a slightly quicker first step on D.

Now if Lee was indeed theoretically shipped back to us and he thoroughly outplayed Redick then yes he definitely belongs in the SL. But if Vince were gone and Lee were here, it would be Redick's spot to lose imo.

5 games? Try over 30. Perimeter defending may not be what it used to, but it's still extremely important. The Lee/Redick situation would be a lot like the Sefolosha/Harden deal.

We will see Miami and LA 30 times this season? WTH?

Miami and LA aren't the only teams with starting SGs that could expose Redick defensively. I can't even begin to think the trainwreck it would be seeing JJ vs. guys like Stephen Jackson and Joe Johnson.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

hahaha even a mod stoops down and takes shots at Vince whenever he can. Thats pathetic.

Get over yourself.

I can't wait for Carter to leave this team you have no idea. Not only do we get rid of his wasted talent, we get rid of these fanboys too.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

hahaha even a mod stoops down and takes shots at Vince whenever he can. Thats pathetic.

Get over yourself.

I can't wait for Carter to leave this team you have no idea. Not only do we get rid of his wasted talent, we get rid of these fanboys too.

+1

I'm on the same boat

quote:

quote:

Get over yourself.

Ditto. Seriously, you really think you could have made CLee's shot? Cause it was so easy, Carter is old and bangs all my friends (true story) so ****.

quote:

quote:

When it comes down to the 5 games of the 82 games in a regular season where we will see kobe/wade...Lee wont make any difference individually compared to Redick on D, or Vince for that matter-it will come down to the team effort, just like it always has been under the SVG regime here in Orlando.

That all being said I thought Redick did just fine guarding Wade on ISO's late last season. And Redick stays with Kobe just fine as well, he just gets shot over just like Lee does. Kobe is Kobe. Redick is better at every other aspect as far as I can tell, so there is no reason to sacrifice so many other facets in favor of a player that has a slightly quicker first step on D.

Now if Lee was indeed theoretically shipped back to us and he thoroughly outplayed Redick then yes he definitely belongs in the SL. But if Vince were gone and Lee were here, it would be Redick's spot to lose imo.

5 games? Try over 30. Perimeter defending may not be what it used to, but it's still extremely important. The Lee/Redick situation would be a lot like the Sefolosha/Harden deal.

We would only play the lakers twice in a regular season, and we play miami either 3 or 4 times depending on the year, so that means we would see them 5-6 games a year(playoffs aside). Anywho if Lee were to come I am sure there would be a similar minute distribution between the two.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Miami and LA aren't the only teams with starting SGs that could expose Redick defensively. I can't even begin to think the trainwreck it would be seeing JJ vs. guys like Stephen Jackson and Joe Johnson.

Lee's average defensive rating is 108, and Redick's is 107. Lets stop playing these games about how superior a defender Lee is. Is he slightly better at defending? Sure, if it makes you sleep better at night. But not enough to make a difference against the 'top' wing players in the league.

While digging up defensive rating I found it interesting to learn that Lee's win shares rating was less than half that of Redick's. More importantly, Lee's wasnt that bad. Redick just has an insanely high Win Shares rating...another reason why he should probably get starter minutes at the least-if not be the official starter.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lee's average defensive rating is 108, and Redick's is 107. Lets stop playing these games about how superior a defender Lee is. Is he slightly better at defending? Sure, if it makes you sleep better at night. But not enough to make a difference against the 'top' wing players in the league.

While digging up defensive rating I found it interesting to learn that Lee's win shares rating was less than half that of Redick's. More importantly, Lee's wasnt that bad. Redick just has an insanely high Win Shares rating...another reason why he should probably get starter minutes at the least-if not be the official starter.

CLee's defensive win shares while in Orlando were 3.1, while Redick's best year were 1.8. Lee also had more win shares in his first two years than Redick had in his first 3.

Clee's defensive rating while in Orlando = 104. Redick has never gone below 106. I don't know why you're comparing Redick's numbers to Clee's numbers in the year he played for a team that was 2 losses away from tying with the worst record in NBA history. Keyon Dooling's DRTg were 113, but that certainly does not mean he was that much worse defensively than Nelson and JWill, who had a DRTg of 106.

Courtney Lee is a much better defender, while Redick brings better shooting and better play making that CLee would.

Asking Redick to defend bigger guards for long stretches every game would be a terrible mistake.

quote:

quote:

Get over yourself.

fanmen

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:

quote:

Get over yourself.

fanmen

Man-crush

jesus you guys are TWEAKS!!!!

I didnt say anything about Carter ANYTHING until someone, a mod, brought him up.

I said that the play should have been finished and that was an easy layup to finish. IT WAS! Both layups he missed were what caused them to NOT WIN that game. Not saying u should expect a rookie to make layups in a final game under all that pressure..but yes they should make layups even if its an alley oop from inbound really not all that difficult to finish especially if you a professional NBA player at the guard position.

quote:

jesus you guys are TWEAKS!!!!

I didnt say anything about Carter ANYTHING until someone, a mod, brought him up.

I said that the play should have been finished and that was an easy layup to finish. IT WAS! Both layups he missed were what caused them to NOT WIN that game. Not saying u should expect a rookie to make layups in a final game under all that pressure..but yes they should make layups even if its an alley oop from inbound really not all that difficult to finish especially if you a professional NBA player at the guard position.

He did have to readjust in mid-air, so it's not as easy of a shot as you make it out to be