Sign in to follow this  
Magicfanagain

Save C. Lee...

no... like C Lee or not. That was an easy *** layup and he was wide open. He could have layed it up but didnt try to until he was behind the backboard for some reason.

and not many remember that a pocession or two earlier he missed a literally wide open layup on a cut to the basket.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

no... like C Lee or not. That was an easy *** layup and he was wide open. He could have layed it up but didnt try to until he was behind the backboard for some reason.

and not many remember that a pocession or two earlier he missed a literally wide open layup on a cut to the basket.

yeah. but at least we had a shot in overtime.

and as a rookie its tough to expect him to make those shots.

Its not like he's a 12 year vet who's supposed to be a top 5 shooting guard in the nba who gets two important free throws and bricks both.

hahaha even a mod stoops down and takes shots at Vince whenever he can. Thats pathetic.

I didnt say u should expect a rookie to make that shot, but stan drew that play up perfectly. And the pass was perfect and I think any player in the NBA should be able to make that layup and the previous miss.

I also think that any player in the NBA should make 1 of 2 free throws. But then again both Lee and Carter had hella pressure. Carter you dont needa explain the pressure he had on him we all know. And Lee was a rookie trying to make a big play.

Magic are cursed

quote:

No way. Kobe held him and screwed up the timing. Like Lewis said, he had to come off in a full sprint to try and make up for the timing to actually catch the ball, throwing off his balance and pushing him BEHIND the backboard. Watch the video below, it gives a close up and slow motion video, showing that Lee had to do a reversal move to even get the shot up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ari8OjYhA

You really think he was trying to be cute in the NBA Finals with the game on the line and tried performing a trick shot?

who said anything about carter? i was just talking about a fictional supposed vet star player missing two free throws in the clutch moments of the playoffs Wink

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

quote:

CLee would be the starting shooting guard for the Magic, not Redick. With that being said, they would still get around the same amount of minutes.

I don't know about that. I don't think we would let someone who was just signed under a $20 million plus contract play behind a prospect coming into his 3rd year in the league.

And why are we talking about Courtney? I'm upset just as much as everyone else that we traded him...but are the Magic trade talking with New Jersey?

Just in response to the thread and the line-up he posted. If Courtney Lee came back to the Magic, he would start over Redick. They would both split minutes. It would be a bit like Barnes/Pietrus, but for different reasons. No matter how much Redick is determined and works hard, he can still be a liability defending a lot of the bigger guards in the league.

I believe if our sg's were Lee and Redick only(no vince) then Redick would be the starter. Things have changed over the past year and a half. Redick is the better player, and fits better in the system. I liked Lee when he was here for the most part, but he benefitted from being completely ignored in the SL from the opposing team because of the other people he was surrounded by. Imagine what Redick would do if he had that opportunity? I know Lee had an injury last season for a little bit, but he showed zero improvement otherwise on his game whereas not only has Redick improved every year in this league, but he also played better than Lee last year. At this point I would say that Lee is not starter quality, and Redick could be depending on the team.

And to the OP, Lee has 3 years remaining on his contract, with the last two being team options(Just like Redick's rookie deal-just for slightly less money). But if he were to have a player option next year he would be stupid not to re-up with NJ even if they are a bad team because of the fluid nature of the NBA right now with the uncertainty revolving around the upcoming CBA negotiations. As an NBA player, you never leave money on the table in a situation like that because you have such a short career window.

quote:

hahaha even a mod stoops down and takes shots at Vince whenever he can. Thats pathetic.

I didnt say u should expect a rookie to make that shot, but stan drew that play up perfectly. And the pass was perfect and I think any player in the NBA should be able to make that layup and the previous miss.

I also think that any player in the NBA should make 1 of 2 free throws. But then again both Lee and Carter had hella pressure. Carter you dont needa explain the pressure he had on him we all know. And Lee was a rookie trying to make a big play.

Magic are cursed

He can have an opinion even if he is a mod...

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

quote:

quote:

CLee would be the starting shooting guard for the Magic, not Redick. With that being said, they would still get around the same amount of minutes.

I don't know about that. I don't think we would let someone who was just signed under a $20 million plus contract play behind a prospect coming into his 3rd year in the league.

And why are we talking about Courtney? I'm upset just as much as everyone else that we traded him...but are the Magic trade talking with New Jersey?

Just in response to the thread and the line-up he posted. If Courtney Lee came back to the Magic, he would start over Redick. They would both split minutes. It would be a bit like Barnes/Pietrus, but for different reasons. No matter how much Redick is determined and works hard, he can still be a liability defending a lot of the bigger guards in the league.

I believe if our sg's were Lee and Redick only(no vince) then Redick would be the starter. Things have changed over the past year and a half. Redick is the better player, and fits better in the system. I liked Lee when he was here for the most part, but he benefitted from being completely ignored in the SL from the opposing team because of the other people he was surrounded by. Imagine what Redick would do if he had that opportunity? I know Lee had an injury last season for a little bit, but he showed zero improvement otherwise on his game whereas not only has Redick improved every year in this league, but he also played better than Lee last year. At this point I would say that Lee is not starter quality, and Redick could be depending on the team.

And to the OP, Lee has 3 years remaining on his contract, with the last two being team options(Just like Redick's rookie deal-just for slightly less money). But if he were to have a player option next year he would be stupid not to re-up with NJ even if they are a bad team because of the fluid nature of the NBA right now with the uncertainty revolving around the upcoming CBA negotiations. As an NBA player, you never leave money on the table in a situation like that because you have such a short career window.

I think Lee comes off the bench because Redick is much more effective off the bench IMO. Plues, you expect Redick to be dragged up and down the court by Kobe and Wade for that long. You're best perimeter defender has to be a starter, period. However, if Pietrus were to start over Q, Redick may start over Lee

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think Lee comes off the bench because Redick is much more effective off the bench IMO. Plues, you expect Redick to be dragged up and down the court by Kobe and Wade for that long. You're best perimeter defender has to be a starter, period. However, if Pietrus were to start over Q, Redick may start over Lee

When it comes down to the 5 games of the 82 games in a regular season where we will see kobe/wade...Lee wont make any difference individually compared to Redick on D, or Vince for that matter-it will come down to the team effort, just like it always has been under the SVG regime here in Orlando.

That all being said I thought Redick did just fine guarding Wade on ISO's late last season. And Redick stays with Kobe just fine as well, he just gets shot over just like Lee does. Kobe is Kobe. Redick is better at every other aspect as far as I can tell, so there is no reason to sacrifice so many other facets in favor of a player that has a slightly quicker first step on D.

Now if Lee was indeed theoretically shipped back to us and he thoroughly outplayed Redick then yes he definitely belongs in the SL. But if Vince were gone and Lee were here, it would be Redick's spot to lose imo.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

When it comes down to the 5 games of the 82 games in a regular season where we will see kobe/wade...Lee wont make any difference individually compared to Redick on D, or Vince for that matter-it will come down to the team effort, just like it always has been under the SVG regime here in Orlando.

That all being said I thought Redick did just fine guarding Wade on ISO's late last season. And Redick stays with Kobe just fine as well, he just gets shot over just like Lee does. Kobe is Kobe. Redick is better at every other aspect as far as I can tell, so there is no reason to sacrifice so many other facets in favor of a player that has a slightly quicker first step on D.

Now if Lee was indeed theoretically shipped back to us and he thoroughly outplayed Redick then yes he definitely belongs in the SL. But if Vince were gone and Lee were here, it would be Redick's spot to lose imo.

This is true, and I whole-heartedly respect your opinion, but offensive production off the bench is much more key than defensive production off the bench.That's why you see guys like Jason Terry and Jason Richardson come off the bench. It's not that Leandro Barbosa or Caron Butler is necessarily better, it's just that guys like Barbosa and Butler play solid perimeter defense.

And maybe JJ is a better all around player, but it's not like Lee's offense is comparable to Barnes.He has a decent mid range game, can shoot the 3, and is a better finisher at the rim than JJ. I just feel that we need that 1 defensive minded guard or forward in our starting lineup.

quote:

5 games? Try over 30. Perimeter defending may not be what it used to, but it's still extremely important. The Lee/Redick situation would be a lot like the Sefolosha/Harden deal.

quote:

quote:

5 games? Try over 30. Perimeter defending may not be what it used to, but it's still extremely important. The Lee/Redick situation would be a lot like the Sefolosha/Harden deal.

We will see Miami and LA 30 times this season? WTH?