Sign in to follow this  
Magicfanagain

Save C. Lee...

From the clutches of pure evil (Nets fans...and well, that entire organization)!

Having spent a full year on message boards for both the Magic and the Nets, I'd like to say thanks to everyone on here for not being complete and total d-bags to every player on the team. The Nets fans are ridiculous.

At any rate, here's my thinking...

Otis never wanted to give up C. Lee in the first place and Lee is hopefully not dumb enough to re-up with the Nets after this season and becomes a FA. Orlando sends a package of Nelson, VC, Ryan Anderson and maybe Reddick or picks to New Orleans for CP3 and whatever else makes the salaries work. Orlando then either pulls a trade to get Lee back (Gortat?) or has Howard (his good buddy) ensure Lee becomes a FA and signs with Orlando next year.

Orlando's lineup:

PG - CP3

SG - Reddick/Lee

SF - Pietrus

PF - Lewis

C - Howard

Sixth Man - Reddick/Lee

Balanced lineup with obvious studs at Point and Center, with shooters and defenders all around...screw off Miami!

P.S. - Who the heck does Miami think is gonna cover Howard? Magloire? HAHAHA

without CLee, we possibly couldn't have traded for Vince, and therefore, not be in this position to trade for Paul.

The two players I want back on this roster, more than anything are Lee & Ariza.

CLee would be the starting shooting guard for the Magic, not Redick. With that being said, they would still get around the same amount of minutes.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

CLee would be the starting shooting guard for the Magic, not Redick. With that being said, they would still get around the same amount of minutes.

I don't know about that. I don't think we would let someone who was just signed under a $20 million plus contract play behind a prospect coming into his 3rd year in the league.

And why are we talking about Courtney? I'm upset just as much as everyone else that we traded him...but are the Magic trade talking with New Jersey?

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

I don't know about that. I don't think we would let someone who was just signed under a $20 million plus contract play behind a prospect coming into his 3rd year in the league.

And why are we talking about Courtney? I'm upset just as much as everyone else that we traded him...but are the Magic trade talking with New Jersey?

Just in response to the thread and the line-up he posted. If Courtney Lee came back to the Magic, he would start over Redick. They would both split minutes. It would be a bit like Barnes/Pietrus, but for different reasons. No matter how much Redick is determined and works hard, he can still be a liability defending a lot of the bigger guards in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfanagain:

I'd like to say thanks to everyone on here for not being complete and total d-bags to every player on the team

whoa dont go too far..

and btw Redick > Lee.

quote:
Originally posted by Audi:

im suprised people have been so forgiving of CLee's missed layup.

its not like he had a wide open layup.

It was an alley oop on a last second play that he caught almost behind the backboard. He was being held and had to toss up a quick attempt as his momentum was carrying him out of bounds.