Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

How much worse is Nelson than CP3?

Vcdacarter even you have to admit that the vince you saw in the playoffs is not the vince you thought you would see....IMO he doesn't deserve all the blame but he is a part of it...i got to admit he let me down and i was convinced he had another New Orleans type game in him but i was wrong....My blame list for the ECF would be:

1.SVG(Stubbornness 101/Plain and simple got out-coached)

2.Rashard Lewis(he was sick but i don't want to let him off the hook)

3.Vince Carter(Not Aggressive at all played like a shell of himself)

4.Bench(inconsistent to non-existent)

2&3 could be interchangeable

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

Vcdacarter even you have to admit that the vince you saw in the playoffs is not the vince you thought you would see....IMO he doesn't deserve all the blame but he is a part of it...i got to admit he let me down and i was convinced he had another New Orleans type game in him but i was wrong....My blame list for the ECF would be:

1.SVG(Stubbornness 101/Plain and simple got out-coached)

2.Rashard Lewis(he was sick but i don't want to let him off the hook)

3.Vince Carter(Not Aggressive at all played like a shell of himself)

4.Bench(inconsistent to non-existent)

2&3 could be interchangeable

^ This.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

i bet vince ****ed up the oil rig in the gulf.

Even Trey thought that joke sucked.

The most important things CP3 does that Nelson does not do are....

1. Feed the post - Jameer was terrible at this.

2. Pass in transition - We have the most athletic big man in the NBA and Jameer could never find him running the floor in transition.

3. Defense - CP3 can D up.

4. Pick and roll - When Jameer would go to the basket on the pick and roll I think we were at our best and CP3 does this better than anyone in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by Red_rocket2008:

Cp3 is better hands down

1.Paul

2.Rose

3.Rondo

4.Willams

5.Parker/Westbrook

Those in my opinion are the top 5 point guards in the league.

is having rose and rondo ahead of williams a joke?

@Thuglife That is exactly how I feel about the situation. Carter doesn't deserve 100% of the blame, however, he had an amazingly sub-par playoff performance, is criticized for it, and so he should be. He isn't the player that I thought he was going to be coming into last season. I think Vince performs better when he is the focal point of the offense...without multiple superstars that demand the ball just as much as he does. NO would be a great fit for him.

@VCdaCarter I know, I know. I was out of order for calling you out, and I've done it before. I'm just fed up with Carter fans who find every way possible to try and massage Vince's reputation as a player. He screwed up in the playoffs, there is concrete evidence to support this...how can you argue it? By saying that every other player on the team performed poorly is also a scapegoat and beyond the point. In the end, I respect Vince, I hope he has comeback year, and I don't put people on my ignore list because I respect every opinion...but you cannot dispute the drop in Carter's play in the post-season, especially the Boston series.

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

@Thuglife That is exactly how I feel about the situation. Carter doesn't deserve 100% of the blame, however, he had an amazingly sub-par playoff performance, is criticized for it, and so he should be. He isn't the player that I thought he was going to be coming into last season. I think Vince performs better when he is the focal point of the offense...without multiple superstars that demand the ball just as much as he does. NO would be a great fit for him.

@VCdaCarter I know, I know. I was out of order for calling you out, and I've done it before. I'm just fed up with Carter fans who find every way possible to try and massage Vince's reputation as a player. He screwed up in the playoffs, there is concrete evidence to support this...how can you argue it? By saying that every other player on the team performed poorly is also a scapegoat and beyond the point. In the end, I respect Vince, I hope he has comeback year, and I don't put people on my ignore list because I respect every opinion...but you cannot dispute the drop in Carter's play in the post-season, especially the Boston series.

Vince had 2 good games against the bobcats and 3 good games against the hawks. He had 1 good game against the celtics where no one else on the team showed up. After that the whole team went south. They played like they didn't want it and so they lost. End of story.

Oh yeah, about the 2 missed free throws...I couldn't believe it either. To see vince miss 2 FTs in a row is rare but hey, **** happens.