but if we are gonna send Jameer someplace then send him home

Trade 2

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=2bvsyer

PG-Paul/Duhon

SG-Redick/Richardson/Green

SF-Young/Posey/Kapono

PF-Rashard/Bass/Orton

C-Howard/Speights

Depth at every position with a mix of youth, athleticism and vets.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

I agree about the third team,

Trade 1

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=27so8dx

but if we are gonna send Jameer someplace then send him home

Trade 2

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=2bvsyer

PG-Paul/Duhon

SG-Redick/Richardson/Green

SF-Young/Posey/Kapono

PF-Rashard/Bass/Orton

C-Howard/Speights

Depth at every position with a mix of youth, athleticism and vets.

HELL NO

Hollinger chat going on right now...

quote:

Ricky Tuck (Clemson, SC)

I don't see Chris Paul seriously going anywhere except for to the Knicks. I think all this talk of him teaming up with Amare and Carmelo after this coming season is very real. They all three probably see it as the only way to beat the three, by simply forming another three.

John hollinger (3:08 PM)

It's not realistic at all under the cap, however. And the Hornets are under no obligation to trade him to New York, and the Knicks are unlikely to have enough assets to win what will essentially become a 29-team bidding war. I still think the best odds are Orlando -- the non-guaranteed Vince contract, the young assets like Anderson and Orton, the ability to take Posey AND Okafor off their hands -- it all adds up.

Andrew (Corvallis OR)

so you think that the non-guaranteed Vince contract, the young assets like Anderson and Orton are a better package then rudy bayless miller priz and camby for CP3 okafor and posey?

John hollinger (3:13 PM)

It's a close call. Hornets already have two good young guards so the young bigs would be more valuable too them. Not much need for Camby in a rebuilding project, they'd presumably try to flip him to a third team, and that second year he's owed changes their cap picture.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Ricky Tuck (Clemson, SC)

I don't see Chris Paul seriously going anywhere except for to the Knicks. I think all this talk of him teaming up with Amare and Carmelo after this coming season is very real. They all three probably see it as the only way to beat the three, by simply forming another three.

It's not realistic at all under the cap, however. And the Hornets are under no obligation to trade him to New York, and the Knicks are unlikely to have enough assets to win what will essentially become a 29-team bidding war. I still think the best odds are Orlando -- the non-guaranteed Vince contract, the young assets like Anderson and Orton, the ability to take Posey AND Okafor off their hands -- it all adds up.

Please let the Hornets like Anderson

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

quote:

Ricky Tuck (Clemson, SC)

Oh stop it. If I recall you love the idea of Troy Murphy.

Ryan adds a few more pounds and learns to defense 20% better than he did last year he'll be the clone with a goatee.

brian (de)

Should I assume any Orlando deal would include Jameer Nelson? If not to NO then has to be to someone bc makes no sense to have Nelson and Paul.

John hollinger (3:22 PM)

I think that's a fair assumption; I presume they would route Nelson to a third team since the Hornets don't seem to need him either.

Interesting...

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

quote:

Ricky Tuck (Clemson, SC)

Ha-Ha-Ha...Calling Smack, Calling Smack!