Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Otis needs to start making those calls...if NY gets Melo and Paul...The Nba will have Two Big 3's? Dwight will be left out in 2012/2013

Exactly! Very strong possibility Dwight get's lured away for a ring!!!!

your right but i think if they have a chance for the home town kid and a great center they would pull the trigger, fans would love to have meer

let me help you out guys. rams is correct. one, otis will not trade nelson. two, no one wants vc. three, no one wants oak,s contract. so, take two asprin, go to bed, and tomorrow the magic will still be a strong contender for a championship.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

I don't see a scenario where we stay competitive in this revamped division if we can't get Paul.

UNLESS----- Dwight comes back from this offseason with a focused approach on improving, and his game gets marginality better. I mean, hell, the kid doesn't need to get THAT much better, that's how good he is...

But it's Paul, or Dwight's improvement that will carry us to the top.

What does "competitive" exactly mean to you?

Being able to make it out of the division in first place. Defending our title. Ya know, **** like that.

I mean, I'm sorry if I subscribe to the idea that having 3 of the best players in the NBA today is actually a tough obstacle for us to overcome. But if the gold medal team was any indication, these guys know how to play together, and Pat Riley won't let a team like this fail.

Hell, the '08 Boston team had, in my mind, pretty weak role players, but they still won a title. The Heat's Big Three are MUCH better than Boston's. And their role players are still rounding out.

All I want is a puncher's chance, which I believe we have by default in Howard... but he needs to be just a touch more refined on the offensive end, or with his free throws, then I won't give two ****s or a **** about getting Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

People seem to forget that this was being floated around WELL before any media picked it up.

By the time they started reporting it, we'd already beaten this horse into the ground.

But yeah, Magical is full of it.

(Also want to give props to SmackDaddy, who was another person talking about this at the trade deadline).

Oh wait, magical is right because Paul has asked for a trade? really because he said that? Flush

I fail to see how any of this actually proves him right actually.

do you know what "full of it" means?

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't see a scenario where we stay competitive in this revamped division if we can't get Paul.

UNLESS----- Dwight comes back from this offseason with a focused approach on improving, and his game gets marginality better. I mean, hell, the kid doesn't need to get THAT much better, that's how good he is...

Being able to make it out of the division in first place. Defending our title. Ya know, **** like that.

I mean, I'm sorry if I subscribe to the idea that having 3 of the best players in the NBA today is actually a tough obstacle for us to overcome. But if the gold medal team was any indication, these guys know how to play together, and Pat Riley won't let a team like this fail.

Hell, the '08 Boston team had, in my mind, pretty weak role players, but they still won a title. The Heat's Big Three are MUCH better than Boston's. And their role players are still rounding out.

All I want is a puncher's chance, which I believe we have by default in Howard... but he needs to be just a touch more refined on the offensive end, or with his free throws, then I won't give two ****s or a **** about getting Paul.

Okay, but getting knocked off in the ECF isn't staying competitive?

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

Ezzzp, you honestly think that team can contend with Orlando, Boston, and Miami....? You need to understand that team WILL not contend for a championship and that is why NY has to have something up their sleeve if they landed Paul....or Paul is just looking to be in the big apple and get some more fame and recognition/money. From the articles that we have heard he wants to play for a championship team.

This is the logic that I hope Otis is approaching with!!!! New York City, on its own is a draw for anyone but if he really wants to win.....we get him!!!

The last I heard it is NOLA that makes the trade, and not Paul. He might give his preferences but I'm pretty sure its NOLA management that will look for their best option not what team is the best chance for Paul to win a championship....look I want Paul in a Magic uniform too, I just can't see NOLA management taking a bullet for a player that is demanding to be traded and essentially screwing everyone over in their organization.

That is a good point but from what i see all Knicks can do is cap space relief which is a good thing for NOH but at the end of the day they still have to sell tickets, Put butts in the seats Etc.....Knicks really don't have someone good enough to me but we can offer players with some talent and young guys in Gortat and/or Bass but then again it has to make sense business wise though so anything could happen

quote:

quote:

quote:

oh **** did miami get kobe too?

cuz im pretty sure he was the guy demanding the ball on team USA in crunch time.

you cant use the olympics as a measuring stick.

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

People seem to forget that this was being floated around WELL before any media picked it up.

By the time they started reporting it, we'd already beaten this horse into the ground.

But yeah, Magical is full of it.

(Also want to give props to SmackDaddy, who was another person talking about this at the trade deadline).

Oh wait, magical is right because Paul has asked for a trade? really because he said that? Flush

I fail to see how any of this actually proves him right actually.

do you know what "full of it" means?

Magical has never been right about a major move. he's a window cleaner at RDV nothing more