Paul wants out (with link)

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

1. knicks aren't the best choice for NOLA

2. the scenario you described is wasting the final two years on Pauls contract in a rebuilding scenario. He wants to leave for a contender. I think in his mind himself, gallinari, chandler, amare, Okafor? is a pretty good team. He doesn't realize that the cupboard is going to bare when he gets their though.

How is this a bare cupboard:

Paul/Felton

_____/______

_____/Posey

Stoudemire/

Okafor/Mozgov

- they have a ridiculously talented PG rotation whose talents match up perfectly with one the best offensive PF's in the league. They also have a talented defensive center to perfectly complement Stoudemire (hi/low post).

To think that NY can't fill the wing spots with decent players is just naive.

Plus Knicks can either stay above cap and use MLE, BQE and minimums or they can dump Posey's contract and go under cap to acquire another high quality player.

The Knicks will max him out when his deal is up. That is a very wealthy organization and have never been cheap.

naive?

why dont you tell me who they're going to sign this offseason for cheap?

Who's going to go to new york on a discount instead of Miami this offseason?

Flip Murray? Rasual Butler?

or perhaps it's studs like Bobby Simmons and the immortal Jonathan Bender that's going to make them competitive in the east this year.

Not worth bickering... if CP3 wants NYC he will get NYC... book it.

Ezzzp, you honestly think that team can contend with Orlando, Boston, and Miami....? You need to understand that team WILL not contend for a championship and that is why NY has to have something up their sleeve if they landed Paul....or Paul is just looking to be in the big apple and get some more fame and recognition/money. From the articles that we have heard he wants to play for a championship team.

I can't stand this thread. I hate it. It brings my hopes up. I want this thing to just either go away or just happen. It's making my stomach twist and turn, bleed and burn. My heart is racing everytime I see a minor update.

Yet I am so convinced that we are -not- getting CP3 but at the same time so desperately hoping for it to happen.

This just sucks major league behind. SMLB

I don't see a scenario where we stay competitive in this revamped division if we can't get Paul.

UNLESS----- Dwight comes back from this offseason with a focused approach on improving, and his game gets marginally better. I mean, hell, the kid doesn't need to get THAT much better, that's how good he is...

But it's Paul, or Dwight's improvement that will carry us to the top.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

People seem to forget that this was being floated around WELL before any media picked it up.

By the time they started reporting it, we'd already beaten this horse into the ground.

But yeah, Magical is full of it.

(Also want to give props to SmackDaddy, who was another person talking about this at the trade deadline).

Oh wait, magical is right because Paul has asked for a trade? really because he said that? Flush

I fail to see how any of this actually proves him right actually.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

I don't see a scenario where we stay competitive in this revamped division if we can't get Paul.

UNLESS----- Dwight comes back from this offseason with a focused approach on improving, and his game gets marginality better. I mean, hell, the kid doesn't need to get THAT much better, that's how good he is...

But it's Paul, or Dwight's improvement that will carry us to the top.

What does "competitive" exactly mean to you?

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

I can't stand this thread. I hate it. It brings my hopes up. I want this thing to just either go away or just happen. It's making my stomach twist and turn, bleed and burn. My heart is racing everytime I see a minor update.

Yet I am so convinced that we are -not- getting CP3 but at the same time so desperately hoping for it to happen.

This just sucks major league behind. SMLB

basically haha