Sign in to follow this  
ManuGinobili

FIBA World Championship 2010

Actually, I paid a lot of attention to the Lithuanian team in World Cup 06, didnt you guys have a guard named Jasikevisius and two twin brothers that played pretty well? I havent followed your team a lot this WC in Turkey, so I dont know if they are still on the team.

I used like to see Lithuania playing, they didnt rely on individualities, they were more complete, had good bigs and drained the ocassional 3pt. What I didnt like is that I remember their PG played at a very slow pace (a la Chauncey Billups). Kind of what Prigioni does for us, but not so slow.

Anyway, I dont know if this how your team is still playing, but is what I remember.

Yes, Jasikevicius is probably the best Lithuanian PG ever and we had him in our team, but now, in this WC he's not on our roster, just like those twin brothers you were talking about, and other leaders of our team: Siskauskas, Kaukenas. They all decided to help us in European championship in 2011 in our country, but not in this tournament.

And by the way, now our team likes to push the ball, be fastand we're struggling a bit against zone defenses :)

Yes, Jasikevicius is probably the best Lithuanian PG ever and we had him in our team, but now, in this WC he's not on our roster, just like those twin brothers you were talking about, and other leaders of our team: Siskauskas, Kaukenas. They all decided to help us in European championship in 2011 in our country, but not in this tournament.

And by the way, now our team likes to push the ball, be fastand we're struggling a bit against zone defenses :)

i always used to grab sarunas jasikevicius as my third string pg in nba 2k7. always loved his game.

Big surprise by Serbia, beating the current World Champions.

Serbia-Turkey and US-Argentina (hope), shape up to be good matchups.

Spain never looks strong as they use to be this world champ. They didn´t have their best player (Pau Gasol) Calderon get injured one wekk before the tournament starts, and rubio looks ordinary.

Anyway was a very close game, and Serbia coem back as a Phoenix after years of dissapointments and internal problems in their national teams. Now Serbia looks like a championship contender as they looks years before in their gold years.

Good choices of the Coch to not call some nba serbian players.

FIBA rules/refs are overall better than NBA ones, except for the 3pt line being closer to the goal.

For example, in a FIBA game, if you're shooting a free throw and score but an opponent violates the line before you shoot the ball, you don't have to repeat it. There's no protected area for offensive fouls; travelling calls are much more accurate and less timeouts - they really piss me off.

But I've also seen refs being really bad during this World Cup, especially against Jordan in their match with Argentina and Angola's match with Germany. They were protecting the most established teams a lot

Yes, the refs of this world champ looks AWFUL. Anyway as you say overall they are better refs than in the NBA.

For some poeple who think that the fiba rules sucks, well sometimes the USA team has many troubles to play with "easy fiba rules". Some people has to be less ignorant, some people should see more international basketball.

I hope Argenitian get knocked out as soon as possible. I have no respect for that team after they sent a team which none of there best 12 players were in (and even there headcoach did not show) for warm up games against Australia. It made the games boring and pointless... Warm up games are ment to be there to prepare for the championships!<BR><BR>F.U. Argentian and your flopping players.

Ignorant and lack of class.

Wow, Argentina got whooped by Lithuania. Now if you ask me who's the better team, I say Argentina, everything went wrong for them and right for Lithuania.

Scola was very well defended and missed some easy shots too.

The 3pt battle in the first half just killed it.

I still think USA will have no problem beating their next 2 opponents.

Wow, Argentina got whooped by Lithuania. Now if you ask me who's the better team, I say Argentina, everything went wrong for them and right for Lithuania.

Scola was very well defended and missed some easy shots too.

The 3pt battle in the first half just killed it.

I still think USA will have no problem beating their next 2 opponents.

Argentina play awful defense, dont'move the ball well, and Lithuania plays GREAT defense. Also Lithuania shots inhuman % of 3ś and after a 20 ponts lead this game was outa of the Argentinaś hands.

i feel sad, because we have the oportunity of win this game and we didn't play as we can play. the worst Argentina game in this World Champ.

Russia would be very tough for Argentina, but if we play as we can we can in the game.

Turkey or Serbia can beat USA, but would be tough games. the problem with USA is the offense.

Madness in my small country :) Everybody is going crazy, noise is huge :) And i'm very satisfied with that victory :) 3 quarters were perfect in both ends and now, i'm starting to believe, that Lithuania can be competitive with USA, especially after team USA didn't dominate against Russia.

One thing that bothers me is seeing so many quality players in this Tournament with way better skills and potential than some guys currently in the NBA who are making lots of money like Drew Gooden or Amir Johnson.

And I believe that a great part of these players would play in the NBA for a free lunch and tickets for their family.

well its a dream tournament for lithuania and yet we were confident that we would beat them in the first game.

well done to thier young team.

Madness in my small country :) Everybody is going crazy, noise is huge :) And i'm very satisfied with that victory :) 3 quarters were perfect in both ends and now, i'm starting to believe, that Lithuania can be competitive with USA, especially after team USA didn't dominate against Russia.

Congratulations in your victory my friend, most deserved and well done.