Sign in to follow this  
ManuGinobili

FIBA World Championship 2010

well the tall blacks have made out of the group stage Russia first then if we can over come them its the winner of the USA and Angloa

so far we have lost the USA by 40 + in every game we have played against them so id love to see Angola cause the boil over so we have a chance to advance.

International B-ball reminds me of Canadian football. I guess they think altering some rules & dimensions makes it unique. The ash trays on the bench are a bit much though...

Yeah its terrible hey! Rewarding good defense.....pffft ten times better than the biasism that is Nba (look at me, look at me) refs... Way better than rewarding "star" players for putting there shoulder into defenders and acting up fouls.

International B-ball reminds me of Canadian football. I guess they think altering some rules & dimensions makes it unique. The ash trays on the bench are a bit much though...

FIBA rules/refs are overall better than NBA ones, except for the 3pt line being closer to the goal.

For example, in a FIBA game, if you're shooting a free throw and score but an opponent violates the line before you shoot the ball, you don't have to repeat it. There's no protected area for offensive fouls; travelling calls are much more accurate and less timeouts - they really piss me off.

But I've also seen refs being really bad during this World Cup, especially against Jordan in their match with Argentina and Angola's match with Germany. They were protecting the most established teams a lot

FIBA rules/refs are overall better than NBA ones, except for the 3pt line being closer to the goal.

For example, in a FIBA game, if you're shooting a free throw and score but an opponent violates the line before you shoot the ball, you don't have to repeat it. There's no protected area for offensive fouls; travelling calls are much more accurate and less timeouts - they really piss me off.

But I've also seen refs being really bad during this World Cup, especially against Jordan in their match with Argentina and Angola's match with Germany. They were protecting the most established teams a lot

new rules to come in next year include the 3 point line being extended by half a meter out and the restriced no charge circle also comes into the international game.

i think some of the basketball has been poor at the world championships the Australia V Jordan game was terrible to watch even tho it was a 1 point finish.

i do have to agree it has been great to not have the game decided by protecting the superstar calls. i hate the fact that good defense gets unrewarded nba I hate seeing players being able to call time outs from the floor.

• Upvote 1

Today's games were a little one-sided in comparison to yesteday games. I believe that a full-strength Australia and France could beat Slovenia and Turkey, respectively.

If France had all their top players they would be a top 5 team in the world, too bad NBA clubs don't let their players represent their national squads that much.

The French team would be like:

Noah

Diaw

Batum

Mickael Pietrus

Parker

and some studs on the bench like Beaubois, Petro, Florent Pietrus, etc.

It would be even better than some NBA squads.

Can't wait for Argentina vs Brazil!!!

They have Magnano, our coach from when we won Gold in Athens 04, and 2nd place in Indianapolis.

The teams are pretty even, Brazil has Varejao and Splitter in the frontcourt. We only have Scola (Oberto will play, but he is not the same he was 5 years ago), but he is scoring 30pts a game.

I think the game will be decided between Delfino and Leandrinho, who has the hotter hand on tuesday.

Today's games were a little one-sided in comparison to yesteday games. I believe that a full-strength Australia and France could beat Slovenia and Turkey, respectively.

If France had all their top players they would be a top 5 team in the world, too bad NBA clubs don't let their players represent their national squads that much.

Noah

Diaw

Batum

Mickael Pietrus

Parker

No it wouldn't.

Noah

Diaw

Batum

Mickael Pietrus

Parker

Hopefully the 2012 olympics will have full strength teams.

I would love to see a competition with full strengthed Australia, USA, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, France, Great Britian, Turkey, Russia, China and others.

Would bring back the excitement of international basketball