Sign in to follow this  
ManuGinobili

FIBA World Championship 2010

I'll be rooting for Angola since my parents were born there and it's my second nationality, after the portuguese.

Angola is in a tough group, but I think we can upset either Germany or Australia. We've won every single Afrobasket for more than 9 years. Our main problem is height. Our center is like 6'7. Keep an eye on Angolan guard Carlos Morais, #6. He's like a poor man's Monta Ellis

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I hope Argenitian get knocked out as soon as possible. I have no respect for that team after they sent a team which none of there best 12 players were in (and even there headcoach did not show) for warm up games against Australia. It made the games boring and pointless... Warm up games are ment to be there to prepare for the championships!<BR><BR>F.U. Argentian and your flopping players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>First, learn how to spell Argentina. Then you can talk.

hahaha What ever! I just put in as much effort as the Arginnnteene team that played warm up games in Aus.... Not much at All!

FLOPPERS!

with less than a week to im pumped

New-Zealand-flag.jpg

go the kiwis!!!!!!!!

Is Sean Marks playing?

if he is, I think MVP is decided

I'm really looking forward to the WC's. Going to be a great tournament where I think the winner is going to come from 1 of the 3 i.e. Spain, Greece or the US.

Spain have some real talent and excellent depth that can take them deep into this tournament. They should be there at the end of it all competing for gold regardless and in my opinion they'll take it out.

The US. They'll be fun to watch, especially with that focus on a transition game.

Greece, had a bust up with the Serbs if I'm correct? I won't take much out of that, some very solid players. I think its silver or bronze for these guys.

Good luck to my Aussies! But, we look depleted in the big man department.

+ Hopefully Patty Mills can put a strong case forward to find himself a spot on an NBA roster. Great player.

Patty just needs to do what he did in the Olympics. I think the boomers goal should just be not losing to Jordan or Angola

im going with usa v greece final i think spain not having pul gasol in this could just be the diffrence when the come up against the power teams.

im going spain for the bronze mdeal.

NBR, have you seen the tv schedual if not the games will be shown on fox sports in australia go to nbl.com.au the games and times are on there for anyone in australia. they are showing australia game followed by mostly usa games.

Appreciate that mate. Hadn't really looked into the schedules as yet, but I think most of my viewing will be online via. veetle, myp2p. My other alternative will be torrents, which is fine.

Is Sean Marks playing?

if he is, I think MVP is decided

no he is not playing. New Zealand were trying to talk him into it but he passed on it. the Breakers are trying to get him home to play for them which would be huge in ANBL but as i go for the Gold Coast Blaze id rather he played here.

the New Zealand is Thomas Abercrombie (Waikato Pistons), Benny Anthony Jnr (Harbour Heat), Craig Bradshaw (unattached), captain Pero Cameron (Wellington Saints), Casey Frank (Wellington Saints), Phill Jones (Nelson Giants), Jeremy Kench (Christchurch Cougars), Mike Fitchett (Nelson Giants), vice-captain Kirk Penney (NZ Breakers), Alex Pledger (Waikato Pistons), Lindsay Tait (Wellington Saints) and Mika Vukona (Nelson Giants).

Patty just needs to do what he did in the Olympics. I think the boomers goal should just be not losing to Jordan or Angola

i dont think that Jordan is going to be an issue. In the pool of death germany and serbia along wilth Angola will be the crunch games for the aussies with the USA and Brazil waiting for the 3rd and 4th place from pool 'A' germany without Dirk wont be as leathal.

I know the Aussies on here will laugh at that but it was an Argentina 'D' that got smacked by the aussies here and their top team should get through top of the pool.

my pick is

pool A 1 Argentina 2 Serbia 3 Australia 4 Angola

Pool B 1 USA 2 Brazil 3 Croatia 4 Slovenia

pool C 1 Greece 2 daylight 3 Turkey 4 China 5 Puerto Rico

pool D 1 Spain 2 daylight 3 Lithuania 4 France 5 New Zealand

Appreciate that mate. Hadn't really looked into the schedules as yet, but I think most of my viewing will be online via. veetle, myp2p. My other alternative will be torrents, which is fine.

fair enough i think it is a shame tv is not getting behind it here like they did with the soccer world cup. id pay extra to watch the games on foxtel on a 50" screen but that is me.

PR could surprise someone, Manolo (our coach) will do us in though. His insistence of playing Arroyo and Barea as our starting guards is a problem.

I like our young crop which may use this tournament to establish themselves on the team. If our vets allow them, of course.

PR could surprise someone, Manolo (our coach) will do us in though. His insistence of playing Arroyo and Barea as our starting guards is a problem.

I like our young crop which may use this tournament to establish themselves on the team. If our vets allow them, of course.

i giving them the benefit over Russia that is the only change i could see being wrong in pool c with Greece tipped to play the gold medal game versus USA home crowd for Turkey would see them edge china.

In that pool is really a top 3 next 2 being Puerto Rico and Russia then the Ivory Coast a long way back.

also with Nene being pulled from the brazilian team they may just join Croatia and Slovenia back in the field of pool B