Sign in to follow this  
paul.kennedy

magic proposes VC for gilbert trade. deal done by this week!?!?

quote:
Originally posted by Irishdawg90:

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

people can say what they want, but arenas is exactly the type of player that can put a team on his back and pretty much score at will.

I feel sorry for Howard, he's supposed to be the face of this team and the #1 option, but no one mentions his name when talking about a player that can put this team on their back and score at will.

Also, I'm impressed that half or most of the people on this forum would prefer to have vince over Arenas. You people make it seem like Vince isn't worth more than a bag of chips and a soft drink. You should be willing to trade him for a happy meal.

Vince is only worth is expiring contract. There's no doubt most of us would prefer Arenas if it weren't for the financial commitment he'll require.

maybe i will have to pull out my games from last year. maybe i saw something different from a lot of guys up here. i dont know why i saw vc and d howard as the two leading scorers on this team, and vc could have easily took his avg up after jan. it was really hard for teams to double howard, because a certain player not named jameer, would create offense and find shard, jj, or pietrus in their sweet spots. if vince would have somehow been hurt the second part of the season, the magic would have probably finished with 45 wins. lets talk about some games that vince brought us back or led us to a big lead and we won. sa. clev. no. boston, chi. and probably many more. but the haters probably forgot about that. wow fla. has two of the biggest sports stars that grew up there and they dont get any respect. roy jones and vince carter. wow.

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

I kind of feel like we should just roll with what we got, let the VC and and Rashard contracts run their course, maybe do a few other things to get under the cap along the way and re-tool through free agency.

LOL wut?

Oh sure. Let's just kick back and relax and let things play out. You know, let VC get older, slower, and jack up more bad shots. You know, even though he is supposed to be our go to guy but you know, just let things take their course.

And you know, don't think of ways to improve our team. We'll just keep using the MLE to replace the inevitable small forward position. Oh wait, but we have Q-Rich now for 3 years so that's good. So yeah, this team is set for the next 4 years or so. Cool bro. COOL. OMG I'M SORRY I'M GRUMPY.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

I kind of feel like we should just roll with what we got, let the VC and and Rashard contracts run their course, maybe do a few other things to get under the cap along the way and re-tool through free agency.

LOL wut?

Oh sure. Let's just kick back and relax and let things play out. You know, let VC get older, slower, and jack up more bad shots. You know, even though he is supposed to be our go to guy but you know, just let things take their course.

And you know, don't think of ways to improve our team. We'll just keep using the MLE to replace the inevitable small forward position. Oh wait, but we have Q-Rich now for 3 years so that's good. So yeah, this team is set for the next 4 years or so. Cool bro. COOL. OMG I'M SORRY I'M GRUMPY.

yeah vince is so slow that no two guard in the league can check him. ask ron artest about checking him. lol you guys are ridiculous.

quote:

quote:

LOL wut?

Ughm. Slurp.

Sir, I think some kind of reference to BBQ bar or a minus the bear lyric is obligatory and needs to be inserted in your sig NOW.

k, uhm,

Thanks.

Broken social scene or pinback works too.

Thanks again,

P.S.

CAN WE be pen pals?

That would be Super DUPER rad.

Thanks FOR keeps this time.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

Question:

What does this team lack the most right now?

Exactly what Gilbert can bring, scoring and creating.

The Magic were top 4 in the league last year in offensive efficiency.

Out of curiosity, what improvements would you make?

Improve defense against dribble penetration.

Pass to Dwight in the post sooner when he's established deep position.

Improve offense against zone defenses, because christ-on-a-stick were we terrible against them last year.

it's funny how courtney lee and hedo helped with all of three of those, wait no it's sort of sad. well you never know, we could have resigned hedo and he would have been a lazy bum again, i think he would have done well if he stayed though.

i think we need to get faster at the 2 guard position, i know all of you are going to yell at me for stating the same thing over again, but that finals team had a pretty good defensive guard rotation, and with hedo the goat at the 3 teams hated to play us at both ends of the court. i'd like to see another young hustle player like clee here to just harass people.

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:
Originally posted by Irishdawg90:

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

people can say what they want, but arenas is exactly the type of player that can put a team on his back and pretty much score at will.

I feel sorry for Howard, he's supposed to be the face of this team and the #1 option, but no one mentions his name when talking about a player that can put this team on their back and score at will.

Also, I'm impressed that half or most of the people on this forum would prefer to have vince over Arenas. You people make it seem like Vince isn't worth more than a bag of chips and a soft drink. You should be willing to trade him for a happy meal.

Vince is only worth is expiring contract. There's no doubt most of us would prefer Arenas if it weren't for the financial commitment he'll require.

maybe i will have to pull out my games from last year. maybe i saw something different from a lot of guys up here. i dont know why i saw vc and d howard as the two leading scorers on this team, and vc could have easily took his avg up after jan. it was really hard for teams to double howard, because a certain player not named jameer, would create offense and find shard, jj, or pietrus in their sweet spots. if vince would have somehow been hurt the second part of the season, the magic would have probably finished with 45 wins. lets talk about some games that vince brought us back or led us to a big lead and we won. sa. clev. no. boston, chi. and probably many more. but the haters probably forgot about that. wow fla. has two of the biggest sports stars that grew up there and they dont get any respect. roy jones and vince carter. wow.

Vince Carter used up his prime/contributed the most to the Raptors (Canada...Florida...tomato toemahtoe) and Nets.

I really owe no sport's loyalties to a player who used his tank up in a place where Jersey Shore is it's staple.

It doesn't matter where you're born in sports, it matters where you made an impact on a team.

I owe VC respect of being one of Florida's two BIGGEST sports stars... SVG Sad

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

Broken social scene or pinback works too.

Thanks again,

P.S.

CAN WE be pen pals?

That would be Super DUPER rad.

Thanks FOR keeps this time.

no room bro gotta keep it clean ya dig sorry bro but ya bro we can be best pals bro if u want

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:

quote:

LOL wut?

yeah vince is so slow that no two guard in the league can check him. ask ron artest about checking him. lol you guys are ridiculous.

we went from having clee and peitrus play 2 guard to vince and jj, they both do well, but i sort of miss having the two fastest guys on the team play defense at the 2 guard, i don't know if you watched this team pre-vince but we went from having some pretty amazing fast breaks to almost none, and i'm talking fast breaks where it was basically two on none.

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

width="640"

height="385"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

/>

/>

value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Giw8rKT4Dg&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

allowScriptAccess="never"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Giw8rKT4Dg&hl=en_US&fs=1"

width="640"

height="385"

/>

Does everyone remember this? I think Gilbert is actually a great guy and has an amazing story. I think he would fit in well with our squad.

I was reading an article on NBA.com about John Wall and found this little tidbit interesting

quote:
When Wall plays with Gilbert Arenas in the fall -- and, unless the Wiz and Magic swap Arenas for Vince Carter, as has been rumored for months, that's what's going to happen -- Saunders plans to play the two of them together, with newly acquired Kirk Hinrich spelling each as needed, and according to the situation. And while Saunders will flop Wall and Arenas on occasion, Wall will have the ball in his hands 80 to 90 percent of the time. Arenas had some of his best games in his suspension-shortened season last year when Earl Boykins was on the ball and he played the two, and some of his best work in Washington came near the start, when Larry Hughes ran the point and Eddie Jordan scrapped the Princeton offense to get Arenas some looks off screens.

Here is the link

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/f...tip/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

I was reading an article on NBA.com about John Wall and found this little tidbit interesting

quote:
When Wall plays with Gilbert Arenas in the fall -- and, unless the Wiz and Magic swap Arenas for Vince Carter, as has been rumored for months, that's what's going to happen -- Saunders plans to play the two of them together, with newly acquired Kirk Hinrich spelling each as needed, and according to the situation. And while Saunders will flop Wall and Arenas on occasion, Wall will have the ball in his hands 80 to 90 percent of the time. Arenas had some of his best games in his suspension-shortened season last year when Earl Boykins was on the ball and he played the two, and some of his best work in Washington came near the start, when Larry Hughes ran the point and Eddie Jordan scrapped the Princeton offense to get Arenas some looks off screens.

Here is the link

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/f...tip/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Interesting.