Progfrog

Movies

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Hell, the most recent one, "Disaster Movie", features disaster themes such as Hellboy, The Hulk, Ironman, Juno, Indiana Jones, Kung Fu Panda, Sex and the City, and Alvin & the Chipmunks. At least, that's what it shows in the movie poster.

Why do you even know that?

quote:
At least, that's what it shows in the movie poster.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

A girl I knew in high school was in one of them, and I wound up getting dragged to see it as a result. I literally told people later that it was the single worst 2 hours of my life, and I wasn't exaggerating nearly as much as I should've been. I remember that I made it a point to groan as loud as I could whenever everyone else was laughing.

Just curious, which one was it?

Date Movie, I think.

Sadly, that movie may have been the apex of those "genre movies", given that they've gradually worsened after each passing film. They're not even on topic anymore.

Hell, the most recent one, "Disaster Movie", features disaster themes such as Hellboy, The Hulk, Ironman, Juno, Indiana Jones, Kung Fu Panda, Sex and the City, and Alvin & the Chipmunks. At least, that's what it shows in the movie poster.

The real disaster movie should have consisted of a live webcam of the audiences that paid to see these.

That might be true. I remember Date Movie was mostly just a combination of shot for shot remakes of better scenes from better date movies, but with slight, not funny variations, that last way too long.

"Oh! It's the Rodeo Drive scene from Pretty Woman, but now the prostitute is the dude! Oh look, now it's the fake orgasm scene from When Harry Met Sally, but it's the dude faking it this time!"

Of course, they also find time to make way-too-long references to Lord of the Rings, West Coast Choppers, The Bachelor, and Kill Bill(in what might be the longest beating of a joke that was never funny I've ever seen in a film. We're talking a five minute scene here).

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I think you're just throwing names out there now. Gordon-Levitt was never like Cera.

So Gordon-Levitt WASNT an actor banking on his ability to pass for a high school student well into his 20s?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

Why do you even know that?

quote:
At least, that's what it shows in the movie poster.

Oh, my bad, I tend to not read lists all the way through and skipped that last sentence.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

nick and norah was a dumb movie because it was unrelatable.

lmfao maybe he should have given her a roofey and listened to maroon 5 doing jager bombs lmfao amirite

you swear your alliance to the hipster legion with that sentiment.

THERE IS NO MORE JARETH, ONLY HIPSTER

spider-man-venom.jpg

you're not hipster until you see 'girl with the dragon tattoo' btw, it's a swedish mystery movie... how are you not on this? see you need to be closer to the enzian.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

lmfao maybe he should have given her a roofey and listened to maroon 5 doing jager bombs lmfao amirite

spider-man-venom.jpg

you're not hipster until you see 'girl with the dragon tattoo' btw, it's a swedish mystery movie... how are you not on this? see you need to be closer to the enzian.

omg i just saw that added to netflix

quote:

quote:

I think you're just throwing names out there now. Gordon-Levitt was never like Cera.

So Gordon-Levitt WASNT an actor banking on his ability to pass for a high school student well into his 20s?

No, he wasn't.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, he wasn't.

You're right. He TOTALLY didn't play a high school student in Brick when he was 24. My mistake.

Although I will gladly grant you that Brick is 5x better than anything Cera's done.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

spider-man-venom.jpg

omg i just saw that added to netflix

well while your at it, add 'the prophet' (2009) by jacques audiard... we'll discuss more after this.