quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Also, Piranha 3D will be the be all end all best worst movie in history.

It'll likely be that way by design, though, which should eliminate it from contention.

Agreed. Nothing will ruin a potential cult "so bad it's awesome" film faster than the cast constantly winking at the audience.

How do you feel about spoof movies?

Outside of the Naked Gun, I can't think of any I've enjoyed. I particularly can't stand the "Genre Movie" movies.

so i guess you didn't like don't be a menace?

Dude...

airplane.jpg

quote:

Don't know his name, but the main dude in that is giving Michael Cera and Seth Rogen a run for their money in the "Let's see who can play the same character in the most movies" competition.

Impossible. No one can take that crown from Cera, which is why I sarcastically dubbed him "Mr. Versatility".

And it wouldn't be as bad if they didn't try to wrap him around the same freakin plot scheme on every film.

Synopsis: "Shy, awkward boy finds love with a unique, different girl, who may or may not share similar interests in indie rock-themed music."

Interestingly, the guy you're referring to (from Zombieland) and Michael Cera play virtually the same role in every film, except I actually think he does it a bit better.

Also, I watched Dinocroc vs. Supergator about two weeks ago sober.

Amazing movie. Truly a cinematic masterpiece.

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Also, Piranha 3D will be the be all end all best worst movie in history.

It'll likely be that way by design, though, which should eliminate it from contention.

Agreed. Nothing will ruin a potential cult "so bad it's awesome" film faster than the cast constantly winking at the audience.

How do you feel about spoof movies?

Outside of the Naked Gun, I can't think of any I've enjoyed. I particularly can't stand the "Genre Movie" movies.

I can think of some I've seen that I liked, but the "genre movies" are just ****ing terrible.

A girl I knew in high school was in one of them, and I wound up getting dragged to see it as a result. I literally told people later that it was the single worst 2 hours of my life, and I wasn't exaggerating nearly as much as I should've been. I remember that I made it a point to groan as loud as I could whenever everyone else was laughing.

Although to be fair: those movies don't really satire things so much as they just blitz you with references to previous, better movies.

But yeah, there are GOOD spoof movies: Airplane is great, Airplane II isn't terrible, Galaxy Quest is shockingly good, Dodgeball leans a little broad, but it hits the right notes on the satire portions, any of the movies with the guys from Shaun of the Dead are good. Hot Shots is....not terrible.

And I'm not sure if it counts since it's more an ironic take on a topic rather than an out and out satire, but I think The Princess Bride is one of the greatest films ever made.

Edit: Oh, and duh: Everything from Guest/McKean/Shearer is golden. Sure, they never topped This is Spinal Tap!, but who the hell could have?

On the subject of spoofs, weirdly, the best spoof I've seen in years was on the new Adult Swim show "Childrens' hospital", which is a spoof of hospital shows like Grey's Anatomy, ER, and what not, and it features like, 5 minute episodes.

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

I'll give you the last three I watched, during this weekend.

X-Men Origins Wolverine: 8/10

That Denzel and Travolta's subway movie: 4/10

Zack and Miri make a p0rno: 3/10

love the sig, VCplusD12

I really need to get on Inception. I was supposed to see it opening night but skipped out. Stupid Berto.

quote:

A girl I knew in high school was in one of them, and I wound up getting dragged to see it as a result. I literally told people later that it was the single worst 2 hours of my life, and I wasn't exaggerating nearly as much as I should've been. I remember that I made it a point to groan as loud as I could whenever everyone else was laughing.

Just curious, which one was it?

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I really need to get on Inception. I was supposed to see it opening night but skipped out. Stupid Berto.

i'm running into this problem now, it looks like the first time i'll be watching a movie by myself. sadness.