Progfrog

Movies

Ok, maybe it's just me, but American sniper might be the worst "best picture" type movie I've ever seen.

It's a weirdly jingoistic movie, which isn't surprising given the director, but it is surprising to me that the Academy types loved it so much.

That said, it's not worse than Crash or The Artist, which were both silly at the time and have aged horribly.

It's a weirdly jingoistic movie, which isn't surprising given the director, but it is surprising to me that the Academy types loved it so much.

That said, it's not worse than Crash or The Artist, which were both silly at the time and have aged horribly.

Never saw crash.

Yeah, I was shocked it was so critically acclaimed. You have to give a character more of a background than "his biggest weakness is he's too much of a good person and loves his country too much". That's just not an interesting character trait. People are complicated. People say he was kind of a dick in real life. It'd be much more interesting to show that.

And I'm pretty sure you can't make cell phone calls to your wife while driving down the streets of fallujah during an active mission.

And I'm pretty sure the prop baby they used was the least lifelike baby I've ever seen in a major motion picture.

It looked like a pretty good lifetime movie.

Jurassic World was good. Great? ***** no, but it was the first decent dinosaur movie in 22 years.

Jurassic World was good. Great? ***** no, but it was the first decent dinosaur movie in 22 years.

I haven't seen it yet but I think the best thing they did was show the Chris Pratt, raptor whisperer stuff in the trailer. That dropped expectations from a serious horror movie to a fun just don't overthink it movie.

And that's a corner that they can dominate.

Yea it was solid. I'd go 6.5 maybe 7/10. Just to many weird outside story lines in this one. Like the weird parents getting divorced but not really thing, the odd relationship with the Aunt, the older son whose GF says she loves him but he doesn't. Also, just some real corny scenes/moments. A lot of predictability, but I guess that goes without saying in this kind of sequel.

I loved the visuals, loved the dinosaur's, loved how cool the theme park would be in real life, loved Chris Pratt.

Avengers: Endgame 2019

I've got to tell , I've seen some great movies in my day, but this stands way up there at the top. They really outdid themselves with this one. It's so great to see all these character arcs come together. It has its highs, its lows, laughs are had, tears are squirted, all of it. The battles are truly epic, and the storyline was great. I expected there to be more Captain Marvel in it tbh, but when she's there man, you KNOW it. I guess you don't want to overuse a character with her potential or it'll come off as a little ex machina or something. I'd love to say more, but I won't! 5/5 !!!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154796

• Like 1