Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

UNDER THE CAP FOR 2011?

Is it possible for us the be under the cap next year if we acquire expiring contracts for Bass, Gortat, and Pietrus? With Vince having only 4 million under the cap next year would we be able to sign Carmelo? Or would Rashard, Jameer and Dwight's contracts basically kill that possibility?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

That would barely put us under the luxury tax threshold, let alone the CAP itself.

LMAO! Wow, just wow Eeker

quote:
Originally posted by JarethCutetweet:

If we were under the cap and were able to acquire another superstar we would be a great team!

I think having one Jareth is enough...

The only way this happen is if we found a way to move Rashard's contract along with everybody else except like Dwight, Jameer, and maybe a couple role players.... I'm not sure if I would put all my eggs in the Carmelo Anthony basket considering the lockout he may sign an extension.... plus isn't he from Brooklyn? I'd imagine the Knicks would be quite high on his priority list...just a really big risk to take unless your confident that either A) we can win without Rashard or B) You legitimately think Carmelo can be gotten in the offseason...I just doubt the ability to move Rashard for an expiring contract....