Sign in to follow this  
vc15dunker15

If VC stays... expect a different VC.

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

finally someone that looks at the whole picture. thankyou. i have been trying to tell some of these people the same thing for a while now. i told these people that we were the best team until boston. we were not ready and they were. vince carter is the most talked about guy in the league. his fans love him and others seem to hate him. he means more to this team than being a scorer. last year we squeaked by boston without kg, rasheed, and nate robinson . so last years team was not necessarily better. i think our offense this year was better, we just didnt convert against boston. maybe if shard wasnt sick, he hits those threes, maybe if jameer penetrated the whole series and dished to the open man, maybe if vinces' jump shot was falling, or if he would have gotten the calls when he drove to the rim. who knows? maybe its us against the lakers.

I'm pretty sure that's Lebron who has his own section that comes along the bottom of the screen when watching ESPN and I'm pretty sure it was Lebron who had millions of viewers for a one hour special about himself that he asked to have done. Just sayin'

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:

finally someone that looks at the whole picture. thankyou. i have been trying to tell some of these people the same thing for a while now. i told these people that we were the best team until boston. we were not ready and they were. vince carter is the most talked about guy in the league. his fans love him and others seem to hate him. he means more to this team than being a scorer. last year we squeaked by boston without kg, rasheed, and nate robinson . so last years team was not necessarily better. i think our offense this year was better, we just didnt convert against boston. maybe if shard wasnt sick, he hits those threes, maybe if jameer penetrated the whole series and dished to the open man, maybe if vinces' jump shot was falling, or if he would have gotten the calls when he drove to the rim. who knows? maybe its us against the lakers.

I'm pretty sure that's Lebron who has his own section that comes along the bottom of the screen when watching ESPN and I'm pretty sure it was Lebron who had millions of viewers for a one hour special about himself that he asked to have done. Just sayin'

i didnt mean most popular player. lol that is lbj all day. i meant he is the most criticized player. there are so many people that love to hate him.

I would like to point out the answer to the thread title is that the different VC is gonna be a WORSE VC. I am pretty sure we saw him just give up in the Boston series and I think that after hearing about his actions at his summer basketball camp of "My job doesn't start until October" he has pretty much just quit on the team as a whole and is gonna make his 17 mil and injury himself as soon as the season starts.

Book it.

Carter tried to drive a couple of times against Boston, and they were very physical with him. he didn't get the calls, and he just stopped. He gave up instead of forcing the issue. I would have liked to see him force the issue, or wait a while, until they started getting the benefit of the whistle, then start forcing the issue.

I thought the exhange where he got knocked down, limped a little, and Stan ignored him, refusing to make eye contact and bring him out of the game (which ever game that was), was particularly telling.

I saw nothing out of Vince this past season that would give me reason to expect a significantly better Vince to show up next season. Nothing. I hope I'm wrong, I hope he gets it figured out, which I think he can (since I believe his issue is mental), but I don't think he will.

Perhaps if he gets a few calls while driving, but he went up soft 90% of the time avoiding contact. Hence no call. He will be better but don't hope for an all star year.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Carter tried to drive a couple of times against Boston, and they were very physical with him. he didn't get the calls, and he just stopped. He gave up instead of forcing the issue. I would have liked to see him force the issue, or wait a while, until they started getting the benefit of the whistle, then start forcing the issue.

I thought the exhange where he got knocked down, limped a little, and Stan ignored him, refusing to make eye contact and bring him out of the game (which ever game that was), was particularly telling.

I saw nothing out of Vince this past season that would give me reason to expect a significantly better Vince to show up next season. Nothing. I hope I'm wrong, I hope he gets it figured out, which I think he can (since I believe his issue is mental), but I don't think he will.

so who would continue to get mobbed if you are not getting the calls. its not like he took a lot of shots. he didnt. in the first game yeah, but he was 50 percent. you have to use him in the post if his shot is not falling. he can post paul or ray up. they didnt use him like that. so what was he supposed to do, if his shot was not falling. what else could rashard do, when his shot wasnt falling.

quote:
Originally posted by vc15dunker15:

In years past Vince's best play has been seen during his contract year (like most other athletes) and this upcoming season Vince will be playing for a new contract or at least the hope to stick with the Orlando Magic for an extra season.

Even if VC has a great season I expect the Magic to decline the team option and work on a new short term and wayy cheaper contract... this is if VC has a good season.

What are your thoughts?

i dont think vince is as motivated by the money as some seem to think. i think playing hear really brought back his desire, even though last year in jersey he played at an all star level while deferring to devin. i dont think that he had a bad season at all. i know he wishes he could redo the boston series, but overall with the injuries i think he did a good job. he and dwight were the two best players in the second half of the season. jameer was a beast in the playoffs. rashard did his thing too. its funny how all the people on tv criticizes dwight all the time and the people up here criticize vince all the time. my two favorite players always get criticized. lol

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by vc15dunker15:

In years past Vince's best play has been seen during his contract year (like most other athletes) and this upcoming season Vince will be playing for a new contract or at least the hope to stick with the Orlando Magic for an extra season.

Even if VC has a great season I expect the Magic to decline the team option and work on a new short term and wayy cheaper contract... this is if VC has a good season.

What are your thoughts?

i dont think vince is as motivated by the money as some seem to think. i think playing hear really brought back his desire, even though last year in jersey he played at an all star level while deferring to devin. i dont think that he had a bad season at all. i know he wishes he could redo the boston series, but overall with the injuries i think he did a good job. he and dwight were the two best players in the second half of the season. jameer was a beast in the playoffs. rashard did his thing too. its funny how all the people on tv criticizes dwight all the time and the people up here criticize vince all the time. my two favorite players always get criticized. lol

i meant playing here

quote:

quote:

so who would continue to get mobbed if you are not getting the calls. its not like he took a lot of shots. he didnt. in the first game yeah, but he was 50 percent. you have to use him in the post if his shot is not falling. he can post paul or ray up. they didnt use him like that. so what was he supposed to do, if his shot was not falling. what else could rashard do, when his shot wasnt falling.

Take better jump shots. Focus on defense more (like Rashard did against KG). Do SOMETHING. It seems like Carter sometimes checks out if things don't go his way.

quote:

quote:

so who would continue to get mobbed if you are not getting the calls.

The Charlotte Bobcats, especially the first game. They drove and kept driving in the first half only to get completely destroyed by Howard (9 blocks), but did they stop in the 2nd half? No. The refs started to call the game tighter and call more fouls, and they continued to drive and started to get calls their way. They forced the issue and that's what got them back in the game.