Sign in to follow this  
vc15dunker15

If VC stays... expect a different VC.

I think the only eastern guard that can compete with VC for the second guard spot is Rajon Rondo due to his performance last year.

I had already voted for Rondo 2 years ago and everyone thought I was nuts Big Grin

btw, this year's Eastern All-Star team will ROCK!

The best team would be, IMO:

Rondo

Wade

LBJ

Amare

Dwight

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if being in a contract year motivates VC more than the chance to win a Championship.

VC has always been about getting the most money. He's by no means alone in that, I'm just sayin'.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if being in a contract year motivates VC more than the chance to win a Championship.

VC has always been about getting the most money. He's by no means alone in that, I'm just sayin'.

I don't share that opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

he'll blow his knee out doing it, let him go now.

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

I think the only eastern guard that can compete with VC for the second guard spot is Rajon Rondo due to his performance last year.

I had already voted for Rondo 2 years ago and everyone thought I was nuts Big Grin

btw, this year's Eastern All-Star team will ROCK!

The best team would be, IMO:

Rondo

Wade

LBJ

Amare

Dwight

So, you wouldn't put a 20/5/5 guy that shoots a better percentage and is a better defender over Wincent?

VC would be fine for the regular season but thats not why he was brought here. He was brought here to be the finisher in close 4th quarter games in the playoffs. Finishing means breaking the other teams back by scoring at critical times. VC can't do that because hes too afraid to get hurt and take the ball strong to the basket. He'll drive to the rim, but only if theres an open lane. Other than that, he backs off and takes those retarded fade aways.

Thats not going to get it done against the tougher teams in the league. VC has to go and I hate saying that.

****! I just started this thread to talk about something while the months go by and the season starts... but for one of you guys to call me a VC HOMER it's kind of out line.

I've actually criticized Carter harden than many of you guys especially because I spent thousand of dollars going to the ECF here in Boston and he let me down tremendously and overall SUCKED in that series, but overall he had a way better season than Lewis, Nelson (except the Playoffs).

Vince will always be criticized for the way he is he is just a nice person who does not have Kobe's killer instinc, but he is a player who plays for the Magic and until that chances at least wish the man good luck next season and hope he plays better.

Also, the reason why VC has struggled is because he is not the primare ball handler as he was in NJ and Toronto... if you noticed when the offense was run through him he had decent games with a nice number of assists, but to be honest he is not a player you want to pair with Jameer Nelson (who'm I like a lot) but they simply do not fit in as they both need the ball in their hands to succeed.

Im done .... lol

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

My thoughts are that VC is too old and his IQ has taken a dip since joining this team. His can't create with his athleticism like he used to which is what we brought him here for. This makes it so he has to rely on his jumpshot which was good until he lost a chunk of his brain and started taking AWFUL shots ALL year long.

His defense is subpar and he's not much of a rebounder or playmaker anymore.

He's a great team guy and I love the guy off the court. One of the few genuine nice guys in the league. He's just not fit for this team. He's not going to get any younger next year.

Personally, he needs to be gone before training camp if we are interested in trading him. I'd rather have a guy come in and learn our system and how we play before the season starts.

I feel what ur saying and agree with a lotta it. If youve watched as much Vinsanity as I have ud understand, while in amazement at some of the crazy *** hangtime layups and what not he'd always make. And of course dunking better than anyone ever has.

At the time I'm like wow this is unbelievable and he has the most potential I have EVER seen. This guys is incredible.

but as he aged near the end of NJ years, he was a good playmaker and all, but I started to realize what was once so awesome was going to hurt him.

So yeah losing athleticism with age will hurt anyone, but with a player like Carter it hurts him a ton.

but anyways as much as I wanna believe next year we'll see a diff VC bla bla, lets be real.

Vince could not have more motivation (unless he was in his prime or w.e idk) to try his hardest than the 09-10 season...maybe he did and just choked under the underrated humungous amount of pressure. Or maybe he is lazy and careless. But I dont believe that. It's probably just the fact that hes 33 n not used properly and takes bad shots.

so yeah I dont have a ton of hope for VC. And this is coming from a big Vince Carter fan.

o that and the fact that we need to be real and say we're ****ed. We struggle and go through amounts of pain beating the Cavs with solely Lebron James. We struggle a bit to be the Miami Wades. And Bosh is a superstar weapon to make things worse.

In all honesty were ****ed when it comes to the Heat. Its gonna take a huge upset and we will need to hit shots a lot better than we did.

and I like posts like this from Jareth, which I usually dont see from him ha, than "Wince blow blow will blow again dont believe otherwise"

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

VC would be fine for the regular season but thats not why he was brought here. He was brought here to be the finisher in close 4th quarter games in the playoffs. Finishing means breaking the other teams back by scoring at critical times. VC can't do that because hes too afraid to get hurt and take the ball strong to the basket. He'll drive to the rim, but only if theres an open lane. Other than that, he backs off and takes those retarded fade aways.

Thats not going to get it done against the tougher teams in the league. VC has to go and I hate saying that.

this is pretty far off. VC did not get the chance to be the finisher or closer in the 4th like he did well during the regular season. that went on Stan who was panicking and obviously did not trust Vince at points in the playoffs (which I cant really blame).

and Im pretty sure Vince wasnt afraid of getting hurt, but you guys dont understand that a 33 year old cant just elbow 2 defenders down if he gets stopped on a drive. Which Boston did a good job on. So he'll drive to the rim if theirs an open lane? yes dear god thats what basketball is. I dont like the fade aways much either but Im used to seeing them go in with Vince, which was really the difference sometimes.

I dont know why so many have this image in their head where Vince would never drive, I felt like every time he did try to bulldoze through the lane Boston would get away with murder. And I hope someone can back me up on that...

The only person who can really do what you want on command at this point in time is probably Lebron or Wade. Or Gerald Wallace ha but that doesnt end as good. It's not a video game you cant just hit the turbo then square button in nba live 05 and dunk no matter what the case.

only Vince in his prime maybe..

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

Maybe I have crazy patience from being a Magic fan for so long, but I'm all for gambling on Vince for another season. I'd be just fine if he brought us CP3 or Danny Granger or something, but I just don't see it happening.

I haven't closely examined the market or anything, but unless a team wants to give us a gift because they're rebuilding (Pao, Jamison, or the CP3 deal that won't happen) then I don't think we're going to get a better play maker/starter than Vince.

I'm not down with him getting all the blame that he is and everyone giving up so quickly after one season. We were the best team in basketball for a few months or close to it until that Boston series, and that series was just as much if not more so, the fault of Dwight and Jameer.

Yeah Vince missed free throws, but we were still hoping for a miracle if he made both of them. Also, it wasn't Vince's fault that JJ wasted clock and didn't even advance the ball. It wasn't Vince's fault when Dwight and Jameer played like d-leaguers on multiple occasions either.

Basically, I think/hope this team learned a lot from that Boston series about the mentality/desire that it takes to win a championship.

Otis has filled some holes nicely and I this team playing together for another year will be a favorite to win it all. If the Heat learn how to play together and mesh as well as I hope they don't then nothing we can do with Vince is going to make a difference.

Give Vince another chance Otis.

finally someone that looks at the whole picture. thankyou. i have been trying to tell some of these people the same thing for a while now. i told these people that we were the best team until boston. we were not ready and they were. vince carter is the most talked about guy in the league. his fans love him and others seem to hate him. he means more to this team than being a scorer. last year we squeaked by boston without kg, rasheed, and nate robinson . so last years team was not necessarily better. i think our offense this year was better, we just didnt convert against boston. maybe if shard wasnt sick, he hits those threes, maybe if jameer penetrated the whole series and dished to the open man, maybe if vinces' jump shot was falling, or if he would have gotten the calls when he drove to the rim. who knows? maybe its us against the lakers.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

this is pretty far off. VC did not get the chance to be the finisher or closer in the 4th like he did well during the regular season. that went on Stan who was panicking and obviously did not trust Vince at points in the playoffs (which I cant really blame).

and Im pretty sure Vince wasnt afraid of getting hurt, but you guys dont understand that a 33 year old cant just elbow 2 defenders down if he gets stopped on a drive. Which Boston did a good job on. So he'll drive to the rim if theirs an open lane? yes dear god thats what basketball is. I dont like the fade aways much either but Im used to seeing them go in with Vince, which was really the difference sometimes.

I dont know why so many have this image in their head where Vince would never drive, I felt like every time he did try to bulldoze through the lane Boston would get away with murder. And I hope someone can back me up on that...

The only person who can really do what you want on command at this point in time is probably Lebron or Wade. Or Gerald Wallace ha but that doesnt end as good. It's not a video game you cant just hit the turbo then square button in nba live 05 and dunk no matter what the case.

only Vince in his prime maybe..

i will back you up on this one. yes vince drove several times against boston, only to be held, hit, hammered[yall like the h's] and without a foul being called. that would frustrate anybody. boston held the [supposedly] best player in the game to 40 percent shooting. so without vinces jumper falling and him not getting any fouls to go his way, and when he passed to shard, he couldnt hit. so whats left.