Sign in to follow this  
vc15dunker15

If VC stays... expect a different VC.

Here is what I remember of Vince from the Boston series....

He sucks.

Really anything above that would definitely be an improvement.

Maybe I have crazy patience from being a Magic fan for so long, but I'm all for gambling on Vince for another season. I'd be just fine if he brought us CP3 or Danny Granger or something, but I just don't see it happening.

I haven't closely examined the market or anything, but unless a team wants to give us a gift because they're rebuilding (Pao, Jamison, or the CP3 deal that won't happen) then I don't think we're going to get a better play maker/starter than Vince.

I'm not down with him getting all the blame that he is and everyone giving up so quickly after one season. We were the best team in basketball for a few months or close to it until that Boston series, and that series was just as much if not more so, the fault of Dwight and Jameer.

Yeah Vince missed free throws, but we were still hoping for a miracle if he made both of them. Also, it wasn't Vince's fault that JJ wasted clock and didn't even advance the ball. It wasn't Vince's fault when Dwight and Jameer played like d-leaguers on multiple occasions either.

Basically, I think/hope this team learned a lot from that Boston series about the mentality/desire that it takes to win a championship.

Otis has filled some holes nicely and I this team playing together for another year will be a favorite to win it all. If the Heat learn how to play together and mesh as well as I hope they don't then nothing we can do with Vince is going to make a difference.

Give Vince another chance Otis.

It seems like VC was a player who relied a lot on his amazing athleticism. Now that he's a bit older and that's started to fade, he needs to find smarter ways to score.

Jordan did it, Reggie Miller did it, and so on. Not sure if VC has that mindset, but we'll see this coming year. I'm pulling for him.

By the way like most if Vince is on this team I will cheer for him and hope that he can be the player I thought we were acquiring last off-season.

I just have my doubts on this happening.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I think he'll have a better season to the tune of 18 ppg on 44% FG, but nothing drastically different.

That would be incredible.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I think he'll have a better season to the tune of 18 ppg on 44% FG, but nothing drastically different.

That would be incredible.

All-Star team here he comes!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

over/under on vc spraining his ankle, stubbing his toe, or jamming a finger and being out of the lineup is being set at 14 games.

place your bets

So missed time is limited to those injuries?