Sign in to follow this  
vc15dunker15

If VC stays... expect a different VC.

In years past Vince's best play has been seen during his contract year (like most other athletes) and this upcoming season Vince will be playing for a new contract or at least the hope to stick with the Orlando Magic for an extra season.

Even if VC has a great season I expect the Magic to decline the team option and work on a new short term and wayy cheaper contract... this is if VC has a good season.

What are your thoughts?

No.....no...we heard all last offseason how Vince was motivated to play for a championship in his home area. It's all a bunch of baloney until I see him consistently play like a go to scorer, and at his age, I don't think it is gonna happen/

My thoughts are that VC is too old and his IQ has taken a dip since joining this team. His can't create with his athleticism like he used to which is what we brought him here for. This makes it so he has to rely on his jumpshot which was good until he lost a chunk of his brain and started taking AWFUL shots ALL year long.

His defense is subpar and he's not much of a rebounder or playmaker anymore.

He's a great team guy and I love the guy off the court. One of the few genuine nice guys in the league. He's just not fit for this team. He's not going to get any younger next year.

Personally, he needs to be gone before training camp if we are interested in trading him. I'd rather have a guy come in and learn our system and how we play before the season starts.

quote:
Originally posted by vc15dunker15:

In years past Vince's best play has been seen during his contract year (like most other athletes) and this upcoming season Vince will be playing for a new contract or at least the hope to stick with the Orlando Magic for an extra season.

Even if VC has a great season I expect the Magic to decline the team option and work on a new short term and wayy cheaper contract... this is if VC has a good season.

What are your thoughts?

lmao.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

My thoughts are that VC is too old and his IQ has taken a dip since joining this team. His can't create with his athleticism like he used to which is what we brought him here for. This makes it so he has to rely on his jumpshot which was good until he lost a chunk of his brain and started taking AWFUL shots ALL year long.

He's a great team guy and I love the guy off the court. One of the few genuine nice guys in the league. He's just not fit for this team. He's not going to get any younger next year.

Personally, he needs to be gone before training camp if we are interested in trading him. I'd rather have a guy come in and learn our system and how we play before the season starts.

I agree with what you are saying, but have a somewhat related question. If Vince's D has taken a step back like we believe...then what explains how our SG's have a very good opp. PER rating? It is the highest on the team(easily) except for the Center position. So, if vince's D is so bad, how come our overall SG defense is so good compared to others?

As a matter of fact I do! I think he know how to play better this year, cause last year was disappointing not only for us.. but for him as well and to all our team. I think they all are better this year.. specially if we have such a in-state rivals now and everybody wanna beat those "bigass three" this year!

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

I agree with what you are saying, but have a somewhat related question. If Vince's D has taken a step back like we believe...then what explains how our SG's have a very good opp. PER rating? It is the highest on the team(easily) except for the Center position. So, if vince's D is so bad, how come our overall SG defense is so good compared to others?

Who knows? I don't dive into PER and all that jazz very often. I'd have to look.

I know Barnes/Pietrus used to guard the opposing teams best guard. Just because VC played SG doesn't mean he defended that position all the time.

Like I said though, I'd have to look.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

Keep in mind Wincent would guard the inferior offensive swing man.

And doesn't SF have the best OPP PER? Net production, yes, but OPP PER is lowest at SF.