Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic to hire Van Gundy? [official thread]

Here is a question........How do they know what SVG's intentions are if he has not returned their calls! I didn't see where sources were quoted, or they spoke to JVG or even the Van Gundy parents????

Are they standing outside of the mother inlaws house in Lake Mary?? Help me with this please!!!!!!!!

What's really sad about this whole situation, is that after the whole Brian Hill fiasco, we are still "settling" for a coach and not getting the coach we deserve.

I know that alot of people are high on SVG, but I don't see it.

The magic have got to have the worst luck of any franchise in the history of the NBA. First a coach signs , orlando gets huge attention like "The team of tomorrow " on ESPN, then he backs out and goes back to Gainesville, and then a second coach SVG Says Yeah , Orlando's an option but I still like Sacramento. One of these days we'll be a championship team but as of right now our beloved Orlando Magic is still treated like the red-headed step-child. I am sorry, being sarcastic is the only way I can handle my own" bitterness", lol.

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

Here is a question........How do they know what SVG's intentions are if he has not returned their calls!

He made it crystal clear that he would love to coach the Magic before Donovan was hired. He hasn't said anything that would change that. HOWEVER, he is on record saying he wants the Sacramento job especially when Donovan took the Magic opening. This isn't good even if you favor PJ. Do we really want to sit around until the end of the finals hoping the one guy left will work out?

quote:
Originally posted by Rafael17222:

What's really sad about this whole situation, is that after the whole Brian Hill fiasco, we are still "settling" for a coach and not getting the coach we deserve.

I think Van Gundy will win you over when next season starts. He really is an excellent coach. The only bright side to this whole nightmare is we are getting a more qualified coach.

quote:

Nothing sad about it to me. I'd be ecstatic to get SVG and even if Donovan wanted to be here.

How is it so hard to see? Every single person on this board that has put down SVG as a coach has not attached the slightest fact to support it. I'd love to hear it but they don't provide anything and they usually don't even try to rebut the facts after I post the easiest link in the world to find

http://www.nba.com/coachfile/stan_van_gundy/index.html

Incidentally I recently heard he is only the fourth rookie coach to have won a playoff series (I have not independendly verified that). I can't see what more the guy could have done except win a championship and he was two injuries away from getting a shot at that.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

Here is a question........How do they know what SVG's intentions are if he has not returned their calls!

He made it crystal clear that he would love to coach the Magic before Donovan was hired. He hasn't said anything that would change that. HOWEVER, he is on record saying he wants the Sacramento job especially when Donovan took the Magic opening. This isn't good even if you favor PJ. Do we really want to sit around until the end of the finals hoping the one guy left will work out?

I am o.k. with his statement that he is excited about the Magic, but he knows this league and how it works!

What I am looking for is an offer from the Magic that, upon the termination of the Billy Jo contract, he will be installed as the HC of the Magic..... If they want the man he should have a document in his hand right now.....would you agree??

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I think Van Gundy will win you over when next season starts. He really is an excellent coach. The only bright side to this whole nightmare is we are getting a more qualified coach.

I agree.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I agree.

So do I, but does anyone agree with me that if the Magic want SVG, he should have a document in his hand as we speak......just waiting for the air to clear...or as D-Bo put it, "so we can flush the toilet"!

Stsn Van Gundy should've been #1 Ivaroni 2nd, Billy D maybe 3 or 4th option. He's too raw for the NBA little penny thinks.

Even though they denied when Billy was announced Magic coach this is obviously another (mostly for PR) move by our beloved Magic owners which not surprisingly flops.

quote:
Originally posted by LilPenny3000:

Stsn Van Gundy should've been #1 Ivaroni 2nd, Billy D maybe 3 or 4th option. He's too raw for the NBA little penny thinks.

Even though they denied when Billy was announced Magic coach this is obviously another (mostly for PR) move by our beloved Magic owners which not surprisingly flops.

It's always good times when people are referring to themselves in the 3rd person!