Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic to hire Van Gundy? [official thread]

Here is a recent article from Hoopsworld, it talks about alot of the rumblings that have been goin around the board yesterday and today.. Basically says we are better off as a team and with SVG as coach than the unknown we would face with Billy... The only scary part is the talk about the Kings.. If SVG goes kings...and we are left with PJ CarlisiBLOW i will be supa pissed.

Hoops World Article

From Hoopsworld:

If the Magic do as expected and allow Billy Donovan to go back to the Florida Gators and replace him with former Heat coach Stan Van Gundy, it

Good point, Dude. That was kind of how I felt when Donovan was first being approached: he's a good college coach, but was he good because he had good players, or was he good because he was good?

Stan Van Jeremy has actually won at the NBA level and done pretty well at it, too. He's better than nothing or the other choices that are left at this late date.

quote:
Originally posted by fooajk:

Why is it not a rivalry... Correct me if im wrong but we took 4 games out of 4 games from the Heat last year...

Because they have been winning and we havent, if we both start winning again then the rivalry can be renewed or if we meet them in the playoffs....Which I hope happens one year imagine the atmosphere of those games.

This is from a lawyer off realgm:

quote:
If anything was signed it was probably a "Letter of Intent" which is an agreement to agree. Or more properly defined as an agreement to enter into an agreement. That is it. Unless yu are willing to litigate and enforce the LOI it is worthless and if the MAGIC are unwilling to litigate a signed agreement a LOI is really worthless.

With regard to the "Recission" of the Contract, it must be done by the rescinding party (Donovan). It is not done in such a short period of time. If the MAGIC are asking for Injunctive Relief (cant work in NBA for 5 years) that is a reasonable remedy and requires a separate Contract called a Covenant Not to Compete. Not terribly difficult but nonetheless timeconsuming. If I were the MAGIC I would agree to let Billy D go only if he agreed to a legal Judgment. What I mean by that is the MAGIC will quickly file a Breach of Contract action in Orange County and they will then agree to a Settlement Agreement which will be reduced to a Judgment in the form of a Court Order which includes all the remedies and Injunctive relief requested. That way you do not litigate this ever again. It has already been reduced to an Order enforceable in Contempt Proccedings. Simple. Who do I send my bill to?

With regard to hearing from Billy D. You will not hear from anyone until the legal matters are done. Anything said or published to the public at large becomes admissable in a Court of Law if relevant.

With regard to the 200 ticket holders, they are not in "privity" with Billy D and as such he owes them no contractual obligation however, he is in privity with the MAGIC and they may have a variety of "Third Party Beneficiary" causes of action against him if they refund the money. BUT ... I suggest you hold your angst against Billy D as it relates to these people. Your beloved MAGIC are refusing to refund these people as of today. I have a friend who is one of those people and the MAGIC are not yet willing to let these people out of their "Contract" for season tickets. Ironic.

With regard to SVG, he is still under contract with the HEAT. That needs to be worked out as well before we can sign him.

I stand corrected...

If we were to hire SVG before the Donovan fisaco gets completed, would that be some sort of record set by a team? We would then have 3 head coaches under contract in Brian Hill, Billy Donovan, and Stan Van Gundy.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Is there anyway we can hire SVG with Billy's contract still intact? We need to flush the toilet already.

I would think that conversation has already taken place!!!

Besides, after 48hrs of not being able to flush the toilet?????? D-Bo your killing me !!LOLOLO

As of this hour, how close do you think we are to obtaining the services of SVG? You think talks with Donovan are over and an offer has been extended to SVG?