Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic to hire Van Gundy? [official thread]

He then posted this, this morning:

quote:
I have been forced to remove that Van Gundy update that I put up last night. I can not go into details but lets just put it this way, I am not a fan of going to court.

I will try to keep you guys updated, but I evidently have ruffled the wrong feathers.

He then posted this, this morning:

quote:
I have been forced to remove that Van Gundy update that I put up last night. I can not go into details but lets just put it this way, I am not a fan of going to court.

I will try to keep you guys updated, but I evidently have ruffled the wrong feathers.

You know right now, if Brian Hill were to hold a press conference on how much he loves our team, I'd pick him over Donovan the fairy.

But we have Stan now, so everything's soooo fine! Forget what I said about Brian Hill lol

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

Nyce,is the for real man? Don't play with my emotions,if it's true,then that's freakin awesome!

Man, I don't know if it's true, lol. I just post his blogs; but, honestly, I think I believe him. We shall see.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

quote:
Van Gundy Makes Verbal Commitment To Kings, But Magic An Option

5th June, 2007 - 7:24 am

Gainesville Sun -

Billy Donovan could return as Florida coach as early as today, but legal issues surrounding the deal he signed with the Orlando Magic could delay the process.

Another issue, according to an NBA source, could center around the status of former Miami Heat coach Stan Van Gundy. Van Gundy, considered the second option behind Donovan to coach the Magic last week, made a verbal commitment to coach the Sacramento Kings after interviewing Saturday, but would reconsider his options if the Magic job reopened.

Orlando would like to have a new coach in place before letting Donovan out of his five-year, $27.5 million contract, according to the source.

you think its a good move to hire someone so quickly. Don't get me wrong, I think SVG is the best we can get right now. But how about Larry Brown?

quote:
Originally posted by fooajk:

you think its a good move to hire someone so quickly. Don't get me wrong, I think SVG is the best we can get right now. But how about Larry Brown?

hes the best candidate if we don't want darko back.

On ESPN 2 this morning I'm watching Mike and Mike In The Morning.

They are reporting that the Orlando Magic, as a condition to releasing Billy Donovan out of his contract, are asking him to not coach for another NBA team for the duration of what his contract would of been. (Five years)

I didn't see this info anywhere on the forum, so I figured I'd pass that along just in case someone hadn't heard that.

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

You know right now, if Brian Hill were to hold a press conference on how much he loves our team, I'd pick him over Donovan the fairy.

But we have Stan now, so everything's soooo fine! Forget what I said about Brian Hill lol

If Brian Hill came back I would cancel my season tickets and be done with the Magic. If necessary I would take it to court to cancel my tickets - my girlfriend is a lawyer and it wouldn't cost me anything, but I would clearly demand a refund. And, if necessary I would go to every news station locally and press the issue.

But, he won't be back - I don't care how loyal he was to the Magic - he was much more damaging to this team than was Billy D - the Billy D thing will be over soon enough.

I just don't know if Stan is the Man or not.