Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Amway Center update

I've been waiting for an update on our new parking lot arena, haven't had a video update since we were awarded the 2012 All-Star Game.

But today I find a new video update! They show the scoreboard on center court (it's HuGe btw), ribbon boards and stuff.

It's getting so close! Can't wait to see this place packed.

http://www.amwaycenter.com/

my senior design project for civil engineering was based on the amway arena using real data, and they were 2 months behind schedule, so im glad they got a move on and seem to be on pace for an amazing opening tip off.

Oh and btw... It's 2010, we're getting this super hi-tech futuristic arena... and the retractable seating uses wired remote control...

WHERE IS THE IPHONE SEATING APP OR BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY OMG

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

Oh and btw... It's 2010, we're getting this super hi-tech futuristic arena... and the retractable seating uses wired remote control...

I work for an engineering firm and I can tell you that even though the technology allows you to do certain things. Many times your handcuffed due to codes or in my case, the government.

quote:
Originally posted by ucfknights22:

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

I work for an engineering firm and I can tell you that even though the technology allows you to do certain things. Many times your handcuffed due to codes or in my case, the government.

Yeah I know. Same thing where I work, actually.

Would be super cool to see Otis walking around, messing with his iPhone and playing videos on the big screens, "I like this team" on the ribbons and moving seats out and in.

DJ Otiz

I love how the wedges in the scoreboard are screens as well. This thing is going to be bright.

Why were they making such a big deal about the garage? 1900 spaces? thats not a lot right?

It's a nice piece of bigscreen I can tell you that. Lots of lights. People are gonna get sunburnt in Orlando, doesn't matter if you're outside or inside the Amway Center.