Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Chi Town Hustler:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

Name a better front court then.

Dwight Howard and Cleveland's ball boy. I think he has accounted for more regular season wins last year than Al Jefferson has in his entire career.

You are comparing Howard to Jefferson rather than answering his question. Jefferson has never played on a team as good as the Magic. In fact, he's never played on a good team period. Right?

Actually, I'm pretty sure I compared the ball boy to Jefferson.

Jefferson just doesn't help his team win. I mean, JJ Redick had more win shares than Jefferson did this year. He's a stat padder. He doesn't get to the line enough, isn't a good defender at all. He's not good enough to guard PFs and isn't big enough to guard centers.

And worse of all for this team: Having him and Dwight Howard on the same team, at the same time, would not only be redundant, it would be a waste of a position.

So you're comparing Jefferson to the Cleveland ballboy? I'm going to ignore that one because I have more respect for your opinions on this board and I think you were just being facetious, but let me ask you this in regards to what you said about JJ. If JJ played for the Timberwolves this year, how many win shares do you think he would've had? Your comparisons are not logical. You don't want Jefferson on this team, and I respect your opinion, but you're throwin' a lot of stuff out there that diminishes your credibility.

quote:
Originally posted by iicybershotii:

quote:

quote:

Ok, I understand you don't want Jefferson, but he and Dwight are COMPLETELY different players. The only excuse for calling them similar is that you aren't familiar with Jefferson's game. Look, Jefferson has offensive moves, and he's good at them. Yes he's been on bad teams his whole career, he is not very efficient, he's poor on defense, and he's slow. Wait, let's go back to what you said. Are any of those attributes like Dwight? NO, because they are completely different players. Jefferson can score, and he's pretty sick at it. He basically has the one thing Dwight doesn't, a post game, and none of the other things that Dwight does have. He has all sorts of moves. He can pump fake, up and under, and he has a nice touch. I think he would be a good fit with Dwight. Sorry I'm a Warriors fan, but I just had to correct you.

Watch this mix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcT7JTmPPrk

Right, except that Howard is a MUCH more efficient scorer than Jefferson is and they work nearly the same spots offensively, except that Jefferson actually attempts midrange jumpers in which he's horrible at. Jefferson isn't "sick" in the post at all. Just because it "looks" pretty, it doesn't mean it's good. The guy shoots nearly the same percentage from close range than Howard, except he takes a lot more shots (which hurts his team because he shoots below 40% from there and he is less efficient from inside.

You don't put two players on the court together because they're both good. This isn't a video game. By putting both Jefferson and Howard on the court together you're minimizing their talents instead of maximizing them.

And yes, I'm sticking to Jefferson not being able to help his team win, and it's not because he has yet to win more than 25 games (well, that helps my case), but it's also because he doesn't get to the line enough and shoots WAY TOO MANY shots outside of his range. That hurts your team.

oh, also... put the youtube video away, dude. Anyone could make a mix about any player in the league and hide that player's deficiencies. ****, I could make a mix about Larry Hughes and make him look like Reggie Miller.

I agree with you on almost everything you wrote... my main argument was that Jefferson and Howard are NOT similar players... in fact you just gave like 10 ways they are extremely different players. Far from "redundant", as you put it. Maybe you should try reading my post again and not putting so much emotion into your's.

both dwight and jefferson are most effective working in the post. how is that far from redundant?

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

Wow these newbies are going at it in here! smile_lurk.gif

Actually I've been on here for a few years, but I've move a lot lately and have to resign up because I change email addresses and can never remember my passwords. My last name was Lawyers Guns and Money. Lived in Orlando from 99 to 05 and now I'm back in Clearwater area. Just so you all know.

quote:

I agree with you on almost everything you wrote... my main argument was that Jefferson and Howard are NOT similar players... in fact you just gave like 10 ways they are extremely different players. Far from "redundant", as you put it. Maybe you should try reading my post again and not putting so much emotion into your's.

No, I they're still very similar because they take up the same space at the low post. The only real difference is that Jefferson is less efficient at it and goes out of his comfort zone way too much.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

Wow these newbies are going at it in here! smile_lurk.gif

Actually I've been on here for a few years, but I've move a lot lately and have to resign up because I change email addresses and can never remember my passwords. My last name was Lawyers Guns and Money. Lived in Orlando from 99 to 05 and now I'm back in Clearwater area. Just so you all know.

Somebody is questioning your...

kit024.jpg

i would do the rip and prince trade

i would also do al jefferson trade.

im tired of speculating though

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok, I understand you don't want Jefferson, but he and Dwight are COMPLETELY different players. The only excuse for calling them similar is that you aren't familiar with Jefferson's game. Look, Jefferson has offensive moves, and he's good at them. Yes he's been on bad teams his whole career, he is not very efficient, he's poor on defense, and he's slow. Wait, let's go back to what you said. Are any of those attributes like Dwight? NO, because they are completely different players. Jefferson can score, and he's pretty sick at it. He basically has the one thing Dwight doesn't, a post game, and none of the other things that Dwight does have. He has all sorts of moves. He can pump fake, up and under, and he has a nice touch. I think he would be a good fit with Dwight. Sorry I'm a Warriors fan, but I just had to correct you.

Watch this mix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcT7JTmPPrk

Right, except that Howard is a MUCH more efficient scorer than Jefferson is and they work nearly the same spots offensively, except that Jefferson actually attempts midrange jumpers in which he's horrible at. Jefferson isn't "sick" in the post at all. Just because it "looks" pretty, it doesn't mean it's good. The guy shoots nearly the same percentage from close range than Howard, except he takes a lot more shots (which hurts his team because he shoots below 40% from there and he is less efficient from inside.

You don't put two players on the court together because they're both good. This isn't a video game. By putting both Jefferson and Howard on the court together you're minimizing their talents instead of maximizing them.

And yes, I'm sticking to Jefferson not being able to help his team win, and it's not because he has yet to win more than 25 games (well, that helps my case), but it's also because he doesn't get to the line enough and shoots WAY TOO MANY shots outside of his range. That hurts your team.

oh, also... put the youtube video away, dude. Anyone could make a mix about any player in the league and hide that player's deficiencies. ****, I could make a mix about Larry Hughes and make him look like Reggie Miller.

both dwight and jefferson are most effective working in the post. how is that far from redundant?

I saw this posted earlier on Around the NBA :

Posted July 10, 2010 12:42 PM

Good. Why would we want Jefferson? Him and Dwight on the same team is redundant.

At least you didn't say him and Dwight. I'll give you that.

quote:

quote:

No, I they're still very similar because they take up the same space at the low post. The only real difference is that Jefferson is less efficient at it and goes out of his comfort zone way too much.

That's basically like saying Bynum and Gasol are redundant. And Dwight and Jefferson are even more different than those two.

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's basically like saying Bynum and Gasol are redundant. And Dwight and Jefferson are even more different than those two.

spd_2010030534634_b.jpg

You are crazy if you think this two monsters wouldn't compliment each other on the paint, it would be very scary for opposing teams to drive the lane, and Jefferson does have game around the basket.

quote:

If JJ played for the Timberwolves this year, how many win shares do you think he would've had? Your comparisons are not logical. You don't want Jefferson on this team, and I respect your opinion, but you're throwin' a lot of stuff out there that diminishes your credibility.

Actually, if JJ played for the Timberwolves, with his numbers this year, he would've had nearly as many win shares (18.2) as LeBron did (18.5).