Sign in to follow this  
Magic2782

Magic GM thought LeBron was 'more of a competitor'

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

I suppose Otis and Lebron won't be hanging out at the beach together. Gotta love these GMs who are speaking their minds.

I think Dan Gilbert went a little overboard... I wouldn't want my boss dissing ex-employees like that.

But Otis is spot on. I love the underhanded comments about LeBron in relation to Kobe.

quote:
Originally posted by Rico:

Orlando's GM needs to get a clue and take a couple of pages from his daddy Pat Riley.

I have no idea what this even means.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c...ron.event/index.html

I have to agree and thought he was more of a competitor too. He talks about being at this point in his career and all about winning. Lebron is just 25 years ago..Yes, they just lost in the playoffs but they won the most regular season games, that has to mean something. It means they aren't far away from winning it all (even w/ losing to the celtics) cavs were just one player away from being that team and Lebron goes and trashes his hometown on national tv..he is a joke and quitter. gave up when the going got tough.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

quote:

I suppose Otis and Lebron won't be hanging out at the beach together. Gotta love these GMs who are speaking their minds.

I think Dan Gilbert went a little overboard... I wouldn't want my boss dissing ex-employees like that.

But Otis is spot on. I love the underhanded comments about LeBron in relation to Kobe.

You know I might agree but when you've been an employee for 7 years, you owe the management and the guy who's been signing your paycheck 5 minutes of your time to sit down and tell them you're moving on. Do it face-to-face, not over TV. That's the professional way to do it no matter where you work...of course unless your fired! LOL

A lot of younger people I've talked to today see nothing wrong with how this was handled. It's a huge difference in generations. It was handled poorly. On a last note when Gilbert said the Cavs will win a championship before the Heat and Lebron do, he was saying, the Cavs aren't winning one and neither will Lebron and the Heat.

quote:

quote:

quote:

You know I might agree but when you've been an employee for 7 years, you owe the management and the guy who's been signing your paycheck 5 minutes of your time to sit down and tell them you're moving on. Do it face-to-face, not over TV. That's the professional way to do it no matter where you work...of course unless your fired! LOL

A lot of younger people I've talked to today see nothing wrong with how this was handled. It's a huge difference in generations. It was handled poorly. On a last note when Gilbert said the Cavs will win a championship before the Heat and Lebron do, he was saying, the Cavs aren't winning one and neither will Lebron and the Heat.

I agree. The whole situation was toxic on both sides. I definitely wouldn't defend LeBron here.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree. The whole situation was toxic on both sides. I definitely wouldn't defend LeBron here.

Yep.+1...as expected off the deep end on both sides!

But Wade is not from Miami, neither is Bosh or Kobe and even Mike Jordan did not treat the Bulls organization like this, basically because he owed that to the fans that supported him/them. So for the City(s) that natured and supported him in his early days, this could have been handled a with a lot more dignity...for the fans who where his family!