Sign in to follow this  
NittanyBuc

Official NBA 2K11 Thread (Cover Athlete Announced)

Why did they have to put Over? Why couldn't they put Unforgettable? This seem like a great sound track.

What I look for in 2k games are the "crowd" because I tend to get use to them. Also, I hate when there's two guys walking down the stairs at the same time at the same pace on the same steps in different aisles. Realistically, it should be different every other minute/seconds. Dunks...there fine.

The realism of the players needs some editing. Bosh went..O...3 or 2 games without hedgehog dreads in 2k. Well, he it cut now so its fine. Who's that white 14 year old on the Magic...oh..its JJ. Jameer looks kind of eh:happypuppy:hamsterish.

There is no way I'm buying live...its a dunk-a-thon.

This forum format makes you feel like your on Microsoft word writing that essay that's due tomorrow.

I can't wait for this game. My Player mode is worth it.

Also, any word on if the servers will be upgraded or if they will allow you to reserve spots for pickup games?

35672_10150220282465305_221292025304_12889017_5792894_n.jpg

35672_10150220282425305_221292025304_12889016_5553390_n.jpg

35104_10150243486575305_221292025304_13534754_5728546_n.jpg

35672_10150220282475305_221292025304_12889018_2145760_n.jpg

I didn't get live or 2k last year because of what people had to say about the graphics so I just decided to patiently wait another year for 2k11. The art looks better so far and the players resemble what they truly are however these are only star players I see and not the role players who have the most chance of being unrecognizable without the jersey.

The animation should be sharper than 2k10 and I expect more options to this game.

I've actually been playing NBA Live 10 recently since I got up to Canada. (Traded away 2K for NCAA 11 and found a really cheap copy of Live up here.) And I have to say... you know what it isn't in any way a BAD game. If it weren't for how 2K practically just nails the gameplay then I'd think Live was actually pretty good. And I can say this in favor of Live over 2k, there has not been one moment where I went up for a rebound in good position and then my player would completely miss the ball and it would go into an opposing players hands and they would dunk it in as my big man came down. That happens at least once or twice a game on 2K for me and it drives me nuts.

Live also feels surprisingly a bit more natural pulling off dribbling moves then it does on 2k, which is surprising considering that the rest of the gameplay feels stiff and un-natural and the AI of the players is pants on head retarded. And not surprising (since he IS the cover athlete) Howard is much more of an offensive presence in the post then he is on 2k. Post moves in general seem a bit easier too pull off.

But more then anything, I love the features of this game. I spend a bunch of time just playin around with the stars in the gym shooting around. Adiddas live run is nice, and I've done about 4 FIBA tournaments in the past few weeks. It's fun, and makes up for the problems with gameplay. I always felt that 2K (with the exception of My Player of course, was just a bit too bare bones.

Live still has to fix a lot with Elite this year before I ever pick it over 2k. But I was pleasantly surprised with my playthrough of it over the past 2 weeks.

And on top of the love I just gave Live, here is an article that talks about how the 2K team is trying to fix some of the more annoying aspects of their gameplay. Their is a bit too much too quote so here is a breakdown of the big points.

-Alter layups and dunks with the thumbstick to avoid blocks.

-Mid air collisions force altering.

-Massive changes to the dribble mechanic, now keyed by holding down the left trigger.

-Posting up mapped to both trigger buttons.

-Total control passing mechanic, mush like Live 10's is being brought in. Mapped to the left bumper, hit icon, hold to take control of player then release for the pass.

-More diverse play calling, using right bumper then clicking a players icon to bring up plays for that player, or using the analog stick to send him on a cut in any direction.

-Authentic plays from the actual coaches.

-Trying to do away with players loosing control when dribbling into an opponent like last year (big problem).

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1109517p2.html

• Upvote 1

And on top of the love I just gave Live, here is an article that talks about how the 2K team is trying to fix some of the more annoying aspects of their gameplay. Their is a bit too much too quote so here is a breakdown of the big points.

-Alter layups and dunks with the thumbstick to avoid blocks.

-Mid air collisions force altering.

-Massive changes to the dribble mechanic, now keyed by holding down the left trigger.

-Posting up mapped to both trigger buttons.

-Total control passing mechanic, mush like Live 10's is being brought in. Mapped to the left bumper, hit icon, hold to take control of player then release for the pass.

-More diverse play calling, using right bumper then clicking a players icon to bring up plays for that player, or using the analog stick to send him on a cut in any direction.

-Authentic plays from the actual coaches.

-Trying to do away with players loosing control when dribbling into an opponent like last year (big problem).

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1109517p2.html

Good find, my friend. Thanks for your contribution