Sign in to follow this  
NittanyBuc

Official NBA 2K11 Thread (Cover Athlete Announced)

Just got the game on Friday, it's finally $30. Made the normal adjustments I do with players around the league (like making Dwight the best defensive player, making JJ Barea 5'5", ect) and had to make some new ones (Not only is LeBron better than Kobe, but Wade too? Give the Mamba his due 2k). Now that I've read all 30 pages and played the game myself for a few days, I will say one thing. It is A LOT harder on PS3 than XBOX. If you completely dominate a game on My Player (like 40/15/15 and get an A+ grade and meet all challenges) you will get around 1800-2000 points. No double bonus opportunites in PS3 either (at least not yet).

Anyways, I made my player a 6'3" scoring PG. I like to think of it as he was a combo guard playing both positions in college but he has to play PG in the NBA because he is only 6'3". Name is Adonis Battle. Now, I chose Adonis because of Charlie Sheen, and Battle was the first last name in the que that fit well with it. I did not find out until yesterday that there is a band called Adonis Battlefield (and they suck). My friend has been giving me crap yesterday and today. Let it be known, it was a Charlie Sheen reference dammit! So yeah, "The Captain" Adonis Battle, 6'3" PG from Harvard (that's right). I ripped the NBA Combine, was like Rondo but with a good shooting percentage, and only got drafted 24th overall by the Atlanta Hawks (told you PS3 is harder).

I only have two issues with my teammates. For one, Al Horford likes to pick, but he hates to roll. This sucks because I was so used to playing with Cousins in the combine and he LOVED to roll, I kind of wish I was in SacTown. That's not too big of a deal though, what is a big deal is Kirk Hinrich is the white Gilbert Arenas. Never passes the ball, always puts up horrible shots, never makes them. Also, if Larry Drew puts him at PG and me at SG, Kirk will chill at the top of the key with all four of us screaming at him to pass the ball. He'll then start to the basket with five seconds left and throw up a brick. I want this guy gone in the worst way. Other than that, I love Atlanta.

I don't like the new controls, only because they came out of nowhere. Draft Combine and Summer League are the exact same controls as last year, then out of nowhere in my first NBA game these "advanced controls" come up and I have to learn on the fly. At first I wished I could turn them off (you can't), but now they serve a good purpose at times. Maybe, hopefully, they will later serve to be good all the time as I get used to them.

Oh, and Josh Smith out of nowhere changed his number to 22 to start the season. I also noticed when we played the Grizz that OJ Mayo changed his number to 31. Anyone else had players do this on their copy?

Nothing you really mentioned stands out as being harder on PS3. . . since your PG is 6'3, you obviously will get less skill point than a 6'0 guard. My 6'3 shooting guard would get around 1900 to 2300 skill points a game averaging around 38/11/9 on over 50% shooting. Key games are tough depending on the team you have. If you're not a starter, you don't get the key game double XP bonus when you play against other elite PGs in the league, and some teams have more rivals than others.

As far as the combine, it's nearly impossible to get in the top 5. . . but it's also pretty hard to get drafted past the 30s. The first two guys I made got drafted by OKC and Minnesota in the late 15s and 20s but because of earlier glitches to the game I had to make a 3rd guy, who I tried sucking with so I could get drafted by the Magic (which happened after a 3rd or 4th try). Now that I finished the season with that combo guard I decided to make a tall PF (6'11) since I didn't like always being the smaller guard. Finished combine averaging almost 20/10 but since I didn't jack up my defensive and offensive awareness to raise my overall I ended up getting drafted by the Spurs in the 20s.

That makes sense, I forgot about the height factor. I don't really listen when Stephen A. is talking to me. Have you had anyone change numbers on you? Josh Smith totally mind f***ed me, I had to look him up online to make sure he hadn't really changed it this year to 22.

That makes sense, I forgot about the height factor. I don't really listen when Stephen A. is talking to me. Have you had anyone change numbers on you? Josh Smith totally mind f***ed me, I had to look him up online to make sure he hadn't really changed it this year to 22.

I haven't really played in Association, and when I do, I just simulate the games GM style, so I haven't really noticed. Same goes for My Player, haven't really noticed any of that stuff. . .

You can turn the 2K insider guy off in Game Mode settings.

Dwight Howard is number 2 in my My Player. Daniel Orton took his number.

You can turn the 2K insider guy off in Game Mode settings.

Dwight Howard is number 2 in my My Player. Daniel Orton took his number.

Orton got traded to the T-Wolves for Kevin Love when I was on the Magic in 2k11. He then manhandled Dwight when we played them.

Orton is a stud.

Grant Hill changed his number to 14, and I officially own Steve Nash.

Got an endorsement from Jordan, which was cool but kind of weak at the same time. I just became a starter and I'm already getting Jordan? I should've gotten a crappy brand like Converse to start out with. Then again, Mike Bibby is sponsored by Jordan, so...

Playing against the Magic was very realistic. I would blow by Jameer and then nothing else would happen after that because Dwight was right there.

Got a billboard from Jordan. It's just me with a big "AB20" on it, since everyone has to have the initials/number nickname even if it doesn't fit. I was thinking though, since my guy went to Harvard, and the Harvard "H" is a pretty iconic symbol, H20 would be a pretty dope nickname. And cause my jumper is WET jajajaja.

Next year's game should have attire for home and away. It's kind of annoying to see guys wearing black sleeves with white jerseys. Meanwhile I'm always checking my team's calendar and having to switch it up for home and away.

Jordan? Well...I guess thats different. The real question is will it be better than last year's game. i didn't buy live/2k 10 last year and stuck to 2k9.

im suprised they used a past player i dont think ive seen any sports cover do that before.

Madden tried to do it with Favre, but he came back.

limo service