Sign in to follow this  
NittanyBuc

Official NBA 2K11 Thread (Cover Athlete Announced)

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

The graphics could use a facelift. I mean friggin JJ looks like he's 12 years old still. Frowner

I'm also a sucker for little things. Crowd interaction, technical fouls, coaches yelling, etc.

I agree. JJ's hair is also brown in the game, and that really bothers me. Are they not allowed to put Gortat's Jordan tattoo in due to copyright or something? They should also emphasize more on smaller things, like more shoes, playoff atmosphere, , being able to adjust home and away equipment for players so guys like Rondo wear black knee pads away and white knee pads at home, and a better championship video because David Stern looked albino. I hear you, Jareth

first of all... stern is an albino... second of all... you pay too much attention. this is all.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

i hope they change that stupid ref thing, where if i even come close to him i end up dancing with him down the baseline while the guy i'm supposed to be guarding does a 360 windmill behind my head.

edit: can we carry over the player's we've made in 2010 to 2011?????

cause i'm in the middle of making a pretty good center that i'd like to keep.

Hahaha, I hate that. I love going out of bounds to get rebounds and crap, but sometimes he'll stop to wave at the camera and get stuck with the ref.

Rotation on My Player seems to be the thing that needs the most work, especially at the end of blowout games. I hate how it'll sub you in and out for every dead ball. I did fix it by just fouling out, but still...

i'd like to see them not have contradictory statements made by the announcers every few minutes.

Hahahahah, yeah. I really don't care about the graphics/details much, but the things like how smooth things are, how much control you have playing the game, and how accurate some of the things are really is what does it for me. I love how on My Player, if you're leading the league in PPG, unless they mention it that in the beginning of the game, they'll say things like "he's not normally a prolific scorer" as you're dropping 50.

As long as rotations, more involvement on My Player (say if you can get to a certain dunk rating or x amount of dunks by January, you get invited to the Dunk Contest), as well as better servers, the game will already be MUCH better than 2k10. I really do hope they do those things for My Player though. Not just the Rookie Challenge/All-Star game, but Dunk Contest, maybe an interactive skills challenge, being your own manager and being able to control contracts/signings a bit more, as well as going into FA and having them rank each FA and teams offers. Oh, and being able to play shorter seasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They should definitely do this, and I understand you could gain skill points much quicker that way, so they should balance it out. Say, asides from game performances, the max amount of skill points a player can get is 100,000. Now, if you decide to play on a 56 game season, the max amount of skill points you'd be able to get (from milestones) would be something like 68,300

I know, it's a little much, but it'd be great.

• Downvote 1

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

The graphics could use a facelift. I mean friggin JJ looks like he's 12 years old still. Frowner

I'm also a sucker for little things. Crowd interaction, technical fouls, coaches yelling, etc.

I agree. JJ's hair is also brown in the game, and that really bothers me. Are they not allowed to put Gortat's Jordan tattoo in due to copyright or something? They should also emphasize more on smaller things, like more shoes, playoff atmosphere, , being able to adjust home and away equipment for players so guys like Rondo wear black knee pads away and white knee pads at home, and a better championship video because David Stern looked albino. I hear you, Jareth

first of all... stern is an albino... second of all... you pay too much attention. this is all.

No, I just like to have a very realistic experience when I play a sports game. That's why games like NCAA Football 11 and Madden are light years ahead of 2K basketball

Exactly. The gameplay is already close to perfect for me atleast.

Focus on the modes and upgrading the little things and baby, we got a stew going. Half the time I mute the TV and put music on. I hate the commentary, crowd noise, etc. It's all the same and not very realistic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

quote:

Focus on the modes and upgrading the little things and baby, we got a stew going. Half the time I mute the TV and put music on. I hate the commentary, crowd noise, etc. It's all the same and not very realistic.

I have to have my OHHHHHHHHs when I dunk. Seriously though, I hope the last thing they worry about is wardrobe and details like tattoos. Uniforms could all look the same, as well as player models, and I'd still love it as long as the game play ruled and so did the flow of the game (as well as coherence)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

quote:

quote:

I have to have my OHHHHHHHHs when I dunk. Seriously though, I hope the last thing they worry about is wardrobe and details like tattoos. Uniforms could all look the same, as well as player models, and I'd still love it as long as the game play ruled and so did the flow of the game (as well as coherence)

my players are usually head to toe in tats, either a grey afro or mowhawk, you know, tacky stuff. it's alot more annoying when some guy that looks like a walking clone of dennis rodman rejects your shot.

quote:

quote:

quote:

my players are usually head to toe in tats, either a grey afro or mowhawk, you know, tacky stuff. it's alot more annoying when some guy that looks like a walking clone of dennis rodman rejects your shot.

sorta like you in real life while ya girl is on my shoulda make ya zip
  • Upvote 1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

your lucky i'm going to toronto tonight or i'd drive over there and we'd have a man battle on the beach.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

your lucky i'm going to toronto tonight or i'd drive over there and we'd have a man battle on the beach.

oh word can i come too?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

oh word can i come too?

might as well, i hear there is an entire food district.. iz gonna be sick yo

NBA® 2K11 Compiles Most Powerful Hoops Soundtrack Ever

NBA 2K is the basketball game that everyone plays, from NBA athletes to celebrities to music artists. Snoop has been a long time fan of the NBA 2K series and because music is such an integral part to the gameplay experience, it was a perfect fit for this year's title - one of the greatest rappers making an exclusive track for the greatest NBA game," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "With NBA 2K11 we hope to exceed expectations by featuring both an impressive array of established artists like Big Boi, Kid Cudi and Drake who definitely balance the hoop action, alongside emerging talent, such as the winners of our national MC/producer contest."

Following is a complete track list for NBA 2K11:

1. Snoop Dogg - NBA 2K Theme

2. Big Boi - Shutterbug

3. Drake - Over

4. Cassidy - Game Time

5. Ron Artest - Champion

6. Duck-Down All-Stars feat. Buckshot, Skyzoo, Promise, and Sean Price - Better Than You

7. The Alan Parsons Project - Sirius

8. Art vs. Science - Hollywood

9. Big Rock Candy Mountain - Rocketship

10. Brunettes - Red Rollerskates

11. Chicharones - Little By Little

12. Children Collide - Skeleton Dance

13. Constellations feat. Asher Roth- We're Here To Save The Day

14. Dan Black feat. Kid Cudi - Symphonies (Remix)

15. Delorean - Deli

16. Ev - Home Of The Brave (Instrumental)

17. Failsafe - Hope & Only If We Learn

18. HOGNI - Bow Down

19. Kidz In Space - Downtime

20. Middleman - It's Not Over Yet

21. Rakaa feat. Aloe Blaac - Crown Of Thorns

22. The Redland - So Far

23. The Russian Futurists - Paul Simon & Precious Metals

24. Sonny Bones - Rise

25. Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk

26. Yung Autmatik & Bayroot Productions - Go Hard or Go Home

27. Dux Jones - Pourin' It On

http://www.2ksports.com/news/nba2k11/402