Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Wade & Bosh to Miami

quote:
Please Wait. Your request is being processed...

Logout: orlandomagiczone.com

Update LiveCloud Account Reply

2 of the biggest Magic killers on the same team. SMDH

I do not think we need to be scared yet, if LeBron joins them in Miami then we're in deep trouble. I feel bad for the Bulls and Nets if LeBron stays in Cleveland or goes to the Heat... as all that salary cap money will go to waste!

The thing that bothers me is that I was really hoping that Riley would strike out entirely. Having said that, I'm really not too concerned about them because they still have no answer for Dwight Howard. Assuming that the Heat have Wade, Bosh, and an assortment of young players and minimum salary vets, I just don't see them threatening us yet. We still have the better team.

Now, the real question is when does Riley announce he is moving back down to the bench?

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

The thing that bothers me is that I was really hoping that Riley would strike out entirely. Having said that, I'm really not too concerned about them because they still have no answer for Dwight Howard. Assuming that the Heat have Wade, Bosh, and an assortment of young players and minimum salary vets, I just don't see them threatening us yet. We still have the better team.

Now, the real question is when does Riley announce he is moving back down to the bench?

I know he's old, but Shaq could still be an option for them, no?

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

If they can add some good role players, we may not even be the best team in our division.

If they can add good role players...sure. But that is a big if. Even so, they still need time to gel. All this really means is that Wade will stay fresh because he won't be doing it all on his own. Again, I'm just not worried yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

I know he's old, but Shaq could still be an option for them, no?

Yes, Shaq is definitely an option for them. The question will be Shaq's ego. He will want three years and Riley will offer one, or something like that.

Also, I have to say that I think Bosh's actions as he left the Raptors likely signals the beginning of the end for the Raptors. They just can't seem to keep a top-tier player. Sure, they got Bosh to accept an extension one time, but it is obvious now that he was just biding his time, going along with what the other big FAs were doing.

VC wanted out. Bosh wanted out. Mourning pitched a fit when he got traded there. Toronto is an expensive city and the tax in Canada is different. But Toronto is also very much an international city, and the Raptors seem to do well with European players, so maybe if they can stick to those types of players, they can have some roster stability.

But I'm not sure if they will ever be able to keep an American-born franchise type player there.