Sign in to follow this  
bradsmagicfins

Whats Wrong with this Team?

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

This just hit me now, after reading this whole thread.

You know this problem, that saddles the Magic every game no matter what? That never comes to us, regardless of the want or will of the team?

Leadership.

Dwight Howard has GOT to lead this team. Watching TNT last night and their inside coverage on the Magic, Dwight acted just like everyone else.

Brian Hill is a useless sack of crap. We all saw that on camera last night.

DH has GOT to step up and snap his teammates in line. Not only can that save this season, it can bring about the real Dwight behind the smiling mask. Is it not obvious that Dwight gets EXTREMELY ticked and frustrated during games, almost on a nightly basis? LET IT OUT DWIGHT! D4mnitall!

I agree about Dwight although, he is 22 but still...He really came out soft last night against Ben Wallace. Everyone really came out unready to play but Dwight still lacks experience. I think people jump the gun about us being 1 player away from being a championship caliber team because Dwight still has work to do.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6550088

He makes some good points. I think his comparisons are way off but I agree that Dwight lacks some toughness. He needs to lay off the Disney movies and go catch the movie 300 when it comes out.

Man,

Where do I start? First off, as much as I love Diener, he isn't an NBA starter. You have to be realistic... he is short, weighs 170 and isn't a great passer or particularly athletic. Even if he does produce on offense he will be DESTROYED on D by guys like Chris Paul, Kidd, Mo Williams, Deron Williams, Iverson, Arenas, etc. (Although, to his credit, I don't see Nelson shutting anybody down.) At best, until he puts on some serious weight, is a spark plug off the bench.

Second, our PGs are playing horribly and nobody is taking responsibility. I've never been a fan of Hill, but he is running this team into the GROUND.

How is it that we lead the league in turnovers? Why is Dwight Howard averaging less than 11 shots a game, is our leading scorer AND leading the league in turnovers as an individual? How is it that our team leader in assists, Jameer, is 44th IN THE LEAGUE????

Usually a team PROGRESSES throughout the season, WTF is happening? We have a bunch of fast, athletic players and don't run, nobody can pass and we're all getting worse?? Do I have that correct? Are you listening Otis Smith, we want RESULTS!!! We love the Magic, but we don't like to see our team's 'promise' and 'potential' going down the toilet faster than drain-o.

quote:
Brian Hill is a useless sack of crap. We all saw that on camera last night.

You know this is a interesting point. It seemed to me from watching the telecast that Brian Hill wasn't his usual screaming, cursing self like he usually is in blowouts. I wonder if the fact that it was a nationally televised game had anything to do with that.

quote:
Originally posted by rising above:

Man,

Where do I start? First off, as much as I love Diener, he isn't an NBA starter. You have to be realistic... he is short, weighs 170 and isn't a great passer or particularly athletic. Even if he does produce on offense he will be DESTROYED on D by guys like Chris Paul, Kidd, Mo Williams, Deron Williams, Iverson, Arenas, etc. (Although, to his credit, I don't see Nelson shutting anybody down.) At best, until he puts on some serious weight, is a spark plug off the bench.

Second, our PGs are playing horribly and nobody is taking responsibility. I've never been a fan of Hill, but he is running this team into the GROUND.

How is it that we lead the league in turnovers? Why is Dwight Howard averaging less than 11 shots a game, is our leading scorer AND leading the league in turnovers as an individual? How is it that our team leader in assists, Jameer, is 44th IN THE LEAGUE????

Usually a team PROGRESSES throughout the season, WTF is happening? We have a bunch of fast, athletic players and don't run, nobody can pass and we're all getting worse?? Do I have that correct? Are you listening Otis Smith, we want RESULTS!!! We love the Magic, but we don't like to see our team's 'promise' and 'potential' going down the toilet faster than drain-o.

Results? Dude, more then half of our so called "core players" are 4-6 years away from being in their prime. Your not gonna get championship results that quick.