Sign in to follow this  
bradsmagicfins

Whats Wrong with this Team?

This team is absolutly the worst in the nba,i think the cletics would beat us right now,first of all how can we have a coach as sorry as brian hill,it amazes me how he screws this team everynight and otis smith seems blind as a bat as if we are in first place in the conference and nothing is going on and lastly this team dosent even care,i love dwight and all but so many times i would see us losing and he will be joking around and laughing about it,,its been 3 years in the league he needs to get serious,,but i think we have so many problems right now,hopefully we can correct it SOON!!!

This team is absolutly the worst in the nba,i think the cletics would beat us right now,first of all how can we have a coach as sorry as brian hill,it amazes me how he screws this team everynight and otis smith seems blind as a bat as if we are in first place in the conference and nothing is going on and lastly this team dosent even care,i love dwight and all but so many times i would see us losing and he will be joking around and laughing about it,,its been 3 years in the league he needs to get serious,,but i think we have so many problems right now,hopefully we can correct it SOON!!!

It would take a week to answer that question. Way to many variables.

Welcome to the boards. Glad to have you.

One suggestion though. Don't pick on Dwight. He is the only bright side to our team. If anyone has a right to smile.... It's him. Just wish he' hit those **** free throws.

Sorry but I'm taking a leave of absence.

• Why you may ask?

Brian Hill is the worst coach in Magic history and it does not take a Caveman to see that.

Our Magic Organization is blind, can't see, can't taste, can't here, can't sense their stupidity of keeping Brian Hill as coach

Brian Hill doesn't utilize young talent.

This team can't make free throws, wide open shots, and handle the ball.

This team is lazy on offense and is defense and the players lead themeselves to their downfalls

This team plays like the Developement league(D-League). I think the D-league could beat our team.

The Magic Organization does'nt appreciate the fans

From what I've heard, horrible halftime shows.

Our building is much worse then a college team's.

Given the advantage but never take it.

"EFFECIENCY AND CONSISTENCY"

Promising three years straight of the Magic being a playoff team. Has that come true at all?

Decisions that have cursed this team for life.

Players who seem to not care but want the pay check more then they want the appreciation of fans.

TURNOVER'S, MAGIC KILLERS, REBS, MAGIC KILLERS, SUBSTITUTIONS, MAGIC KILLERS, AND GRANT HILL.

Failure to make what the say happen"We are going to the playoffs this year" Don't give me that crap because in the end you have to make it happen.

Athleticism and Urgancy.

THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE LEAGUE

False promises and no determination

Frustration, Exaustion, and Emotion from this board.

Orlando Magic have failed their goal for the third year straight.

oh by any means im not picking on dwight but when i see him laughing and joking around after a bad loss it just seems to me that he didnt give it his all or if he even cares,but i know dwight is our future and hopefully we can get some coaches and players around him,,and thanx for welcoming me and glad to be here and a proud magic fanicon_wink.gif

Brian Hill

this team will play well if Brian is fired and we get a decent coach

all the other stuff will take care of itself if Brian is fired.

The problem is Brian Hill - really - it is Brian Hill. All else will work itself out.

I agree with previous messages that their are really too many little things wrong with the team to mention in any one post. As a life long fan of the team, I have noticed a few glarring qualities that always seem to describe this team:

1) Lack of leadership from players or coaches

There is no leadership or direction with the coaches as well as our team captain is too selfish to realize he is becoming a cancer to a young team who plays better when he is injured.

2) Lack of toughness

How many lay ups does the team allow? I saw Pat Garrity during the Dallas game allow guys to pump fake in the lane and get wide open buckets. That as well as playing pist off and giving the team an identity is important to a league driven by individual characters which brings me to my third point...

3) No marketability

The NBA is driven by superstars as well as the teams they play for. The league loves to hype teams that draw big ratings or buzz because it gets people to watch the games either in person or on TV. The league cannot build up the Magic. Who wants to see a soft team like the Magic? There is no edge to the team. I do not care how many technical fouls a Rasheed Wallace may receive, the league loves that because it gives not only the Pistons an edge, but it gives the games they play in an edge.

The Magic need to do something over the off-season or they will always be the league's bunching bag for these big gun teams. Glad to be here posting with everyone. It is a pleasure!

3)

There is clearly something wrong with the offensive scheme or maybe our point guards are both really that bad, but I highly doubt its the latter. I mean, in the last seven games or so, I don't think Jameer has even had more than two assists than turnovers and overall our team is mostly dead even in assists to turnovers. Wouldn't you think with athletes like Jameer, Carlos, Ariza, Howard, hell even Darko is faster than a lot of people in the league, why aren't we running the ball? This is just ridiculous. Our team's FG percentage is dropping faster than Bush's approval rating.

BHill is even worse than Larry Brown for the Knicks. We were all jacked up and had high hopes for this team only to seem them go from THE TOP OF THE EAST, to the very bottom... overnight. This sucks, but I'm at the point where I cannot even bare to watch the games or look at the box score anymore. I love my team, but I hate to see them lose, and lose so badly. WTF?!?!?!?!?!

I think it's kind of sad to see so many good Magic fans be so frustrated and negative about the team.

It is reasonable, because of all the expectations we had before the season.

I also think it is not the best option to talk about a team's campaign after a blowout like last night. We are probably playing the worst basketball since the 0-19 run, and yet we are fighting for playoffs. And we could even get a 7th or 6th spot.

This team has a huge future regardless how much they stink right now.

For me it is quite simple, we will make the playoffs, which is the best we all can expect from this season, and players can only get better, as individual players and as a team.

It all about patience.

Thats find Caco. I can live with that if in the interim the young players are actually learning an offense that can work. At times I see no rhyme or reason to what we are trying to accomplish.

Last night I saw some of the worse passing I have ever seen in an NBA game. We do not know how to get the ball where it needs to be. I am not impressed with ANY of our point guards. For goodness sake JJ looks like he has more of an eye to making good passes than anyone else and the offense ought to be set up to give him the ball to shoot rather than pass.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

Thats find Caco. I can live with that if in the interim the young players are actually learning an offense that can work. At times I see no rhyme or reason to what we are trying to accomplish.

Last night I saw some of the worse passing I have ever seen in an NBA game. We do not know how to get the ball where it needs to be. I am not impressed with ANY of our point guards. For goodness sake JJ looks like he has more of an eye to making good passes than anyone else and the offense ought to be set up to give him the ball to shoot rather than pass.

I agree with you. The only thing I would add is that it's not possible to judge Deiner when he's not getting any chance to play. The few times he's been in with Redick, he's gotten Redick some good looks.