Sign in to follow this  
Do da john wall

carlos boozer update pg 6

quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Chaz:

I really like the Al Jefferson trade idea, I think the guy would be a beast if properly utilised next to Dwight and would give a solid twin tower line up a la Duncan and Robinson in San An.

Portland idea is total bs and Caron Butler could turn out to be just another wince.

I would defintely do that trade for Al Jefferson but the Blazers and Mavericks trade would be awful. Caron Butler is better than both Pietrus and Gortat but he's not worth both of them IMO. Butler is a little overrated IMO and I'd rather trade for a true PF with size. I'd rather trade Gortat and Pietrus for Al Jefferson and then pick up Ryan Gomes as cheap alternative.

This would be a very solid roster and would be better than last year's IMO. Jefferson could also play center when Dwight gets in foul trouble and Bass, Anderson, and Lewis could fill in a the 4 spot.

C: Dwight Howard

PF: Al Jefferson

SF: Rashard Lewis

SG: Vince Carter

PG: Jameer Nelson

SG: J.J. Redick

PF: Brandon Bass

PF: Ryan Anderson

SF: Ryan Gomes

C: Daniel Orton

SF: Stanley Robinson

PG: Chris Duhon/Steve Blake (Hopefully)

We would still lack a defensive presence on the perimeter and I feel we would be hurting our depth in the 2 and 3 spot

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Chaz:

I really like the Al Jefferson trade idea, I think the guy would be a beast if properly utilised next to Dwight and would give a solid twin tower line up a la Duncan and Robinson in San An.

Portland idea is total bs and Caron Butler could turn out to be just another wince.

I would defintely do that trade for Al Jefferson but the Blazers and Mavericks trade would be awful. Caron Butler is better than both Pietrus and Gortat but he's not worth both of them IMO. Butler is a little overrated IMO and I'd rather trade for a true PF with size. I'd rather trade Gortat and Pietrus for Al Jefferson and then pick up Ryan Gomes as cheap alternative.

This would be a very solid roster and would be better than last year's IMO. Jefferson could also play center when Dwight gets in foul trouble and Bass, Anderson, and Lewis could fill in a the 4 spot.

C: Dwight Howard

PF: Al Jefferson

SF: Rashard Lewis

SG: Vince Carter

PG: Jameer Nelson

SG: J.J. Redick

PF: Brandon Bass

PF: Ryan Anderson

SF: Ryan Gomes

C: Daniel Orton

SF: Stanley Robinson

PG: Chris Duhon/Steve Blake (Hopefully)

We would still lack a defensive presence on the perimeter and I feel we would be hurting our depth in the 2 and 3 spot

Depth at the 3 would probably be hurting a bit but it would be dramatically improved with Shard being the starter instead of Pietrus or Barnes. Shard is a natural 3 and causes mismatches because of his height and shooting ability. Not many 3's can stop him defensively.

something tells me otis aint looking for a shooting guard.

we keep hearing rumors about the 1 and 4 positions but not a single word of fixing the major problem that is the 2 spot.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Putting Al Jefferson next to Dwight would be like putting Chris Paul next to Jameer Nelson.

+1. Horrible idea. Both Dwight and Al need the ball in the paint to be effective.

Well the neglected part of the Gortat to Dallas would not work. Per league rules we cant trade Gortat to Dallas until after the start of the season. Not sure what the date is exactly but it stems from us matching the offer Dallas made to Gortat last season. I love Gortat but him and Brandon bass Deserve to be on other teams so that they can play!

I would love to see the magic somehow grab Channing Frye this off season. If we did we would regain the advantage we have had with a strecth 4. Lewis at the 3 Carter (if hes still here at the 2 and J Nelson At 1. Yes frye is not a definsive guru or nothing but hes bigger and heavier than lewis . Our Front court would be the most explosive in the league with Frye and lewis stroking the 3 with D12 doing his thing in the middle.

quote:
Originally posted by Do da john wall:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...0630,0,1985502.story

glad we get that out the way.

It wasn't rocket science to know that Orlando wasn't going after any of the big free agents and Orlando is not trying to pay a big salary at all 5 positions on the court and end up with $25mil-30mil in luxury tax

But I'm pissed Vince will more than likely stay here. This team is desperate for a go-to-shooter.

seems every proposal otis made went right out the window. there was no "pokerfacing" going on. the guy had absolutely no idea to fix this situation.

Steve Blake seems to be our guy...yet again:

quote:
Jason Fleming - 06/30/2010 10:30pm EST-

Add Steve Blake to the list of unexpectedly hot properties. The Lakers seem to be interested in him as well as the Magic. It seems like his market looks to me MLE at the minimum. Can't imagine anyone would go more than that, but you never know

quote:
Steve Kyler - 06/23/2010 8:40pm EST-

Sources close to recently released Nets' guard Keyon Dooling say that he is planning a return to Florida, his first choice is to re-sign with the Orlando Magic, a team he has not stopped following since leaving the Magic in 2008.

Sources says Keyon is not looking for a huge payday, but feels confident he can land with the Magic or the HEAT, even if that's for less than market value.

Sources close to the Orlando Magic peg Clippers' guard Steve Blake as the team's primary free agent acquisition. Sources say the Magic could offer a similar package to what was given to Brandon Bass last summer ($4 years roughly $16 million). Blake is expected to have several suitors this week and may make a a visit to Orlando early in the process.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16647